Strawberry crunch cake brownies made easy with store-bought cake mix. Then topped with a simple vanilla glaze, and cookie and strawberry crumble.
Table of contents
- Ingredients Needed for the Strawberry Crunch Cake Brownies:
- What brand of Strawberry cake mix should I use for the brownies?
- Can I make cupcakes using this recipe?
- How To Make the Strawberry Brownies:
- How To Make the Vanilla Glaze:
- How To Make the Strawberry Crunch:
- Finishing Touches for the Strawberry Crunch Cake Brownies
- What do I do with leftover brownies?
These Strawberry Crunch Cake Brownies are the perfect dessert to serve when time is a factor. You know I love a quick and easy recipe so these brownies are perfect when you’re in a crunch! Whether you’re a pastry chef or a baking novice, these brownies will leave your guests impressed.
Your store-bought cake mix will be elevated to homemade status when you add the glaze and crumble. If you throw away the box evidence, no one will guess that this strawberry treat wasn’t made from scratch. I promise!
Ingredients Needed for the Strawberry Crunch Cake Brownies:
For the brownies gather:
- Strawberry cake mix
- Large eggs
- Vegetable oil
The vanilla glaze requires:
- Powder sugar
- Vanilla extract
Finally, the strawberry crunch calls for:
- Dried strawberries
What brand of Strawberry cake mix should I use for the brownies?
Use your favorite brand. I recommend a strawberry cake mix that’s marked as “moist.” The brand is not as important as the technique used to create the brownie texture vs. cake texture.
Can I make cupcakes using this recipe?
Absolutely! You can make a cake or cupcakes, following the box recipe and add the vanilla glaze and strawberry crunch to the finished product.
A cake can be made instead of brownies as well. The strawberry crunch comes from the Oreo's and dehydrated strawberries. Both cake and cupcakes will hold this topping as long as the vanilla glaze is used!
How To Make the Strawberry Brownies:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then, in a stand mixer or a large bowl, combine the strawberry cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and milk.
Mix until thoroughly combined. The batter will be thick instead of "cake like."
Pour the batter into a pre-greased 9x13 baking dish. Put it in the oven for 30 minutes.
Place a toothpick in the middle of the brownies. It the toothpick comes out clean, the brownies are good to go. If the toothpick comes out with batter, bake them for an additional 5-10 minutes.
But be careful not to overcook. No one likes a dry brownie!
Let the brownies cool for about 10 minutes out of the oven while you prep your toppings.
How To Make the Vanilla Glaze:
Place the powder sugar in a bowl. Add one tablespoon of milk and the vanilla extract, stirring to combine. Gradually add small amounts of milk until the glaze reaches your desired consistency.
If the glaze is too thick, slowly add more milk until it is creamy and slightly thin. Stir the glaze until all of the powder sugar is dissolved. It shouldn't be too runny.
How To Make the Strawberry Crunch:
Here comes the fun part! Some similar recipes involve placing your toppings in the oven. This no bake method is faster and the end result is equally as yummy!
Add your Oreos and dried strawberries to a food processor or blender until they are crumbly, but not turned into complete powder.
Finishing Touches for the Strawberry Crunch Cake Brownies
By now, the brownies should be cool enough for toppings. Spread the glaze evenly over the top of the brownies. Finally, sprinkle the strawberry crunch topping over the glaze and gently press it down to help it adhere.
Some crumble will fall away while serving. You can’t expect all this strawberry delight without a little mess. Enjoy!
What do I do with leftover brownies?
If you manage to not eat every square, store leftover brownies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Strawberry crunch cake brownies made easy with store bought cake mix. Then topped with a simple vanilla glaze, and cookie and strawberry crumble.
- 1 box Strawberry cake mix
- 2 large Eggs
- ⅓ cup Vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon Milk
Vanilla Glaze ("glue" for topping)
- 1 cup Powder sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons Milk, see notes
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
Strawberry Crunch Topping
- 10 whole Golden Oreo cookies
- 1 cup Dehydrated or freeze dried Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a stand mixer or a large bowl, combine the strawberry cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil and milk. Mix until thoroughly combined. Batter will be thick instead of "cake like."
- Pour the batter into a pre-greased 9x13 baking dish. Place it in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the brownies and check if they're done by poking a toothpick in the middle. If the toothpick comes out dry, they are done. If the toothpick comes out with batter, bake them for an additional 5 minutes.
- Vanilla glaze: place the powder sugar in a bowl. Add one tablespoon of milk and the vanilla extract. Stir it to combine. If the glaze is too thick, slowly add more milk until it is a creamy and slightly thin glaze. Be sure to combine the glaze until all of the powder sugar is dissolved, and it's not too runny.
- Strawberry crunch: While the brownies are cooling, add the Oreos and dried strawberries to a food processor or blender and pulse until they are crumbly, but not turned into complete powder.
- Once the brownies have cooled down (about 10 minutes out of the oven). Spread the glaze evenly over the top.
- Next sprinkle the strawberry crunch topping over the top of the glaze and gently press it down to help it adhere. Some crumble will fall away during serving.
Add extra milk to the glaze until the desired consistency is reached, two tablespoons may not be necessary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
OXO Good Grips Freezer-to-Oven Safe 3 Qt Glass Baking Dish with Lid, 9 x 13,Clear,9 x 13"
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 6) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set - Easy To Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, Prepping
Electric Hand Mixer 5-Speed,300W Turbo Handheld Mixer with Eject Function,Storage Case and 4 Stainless Steel Accessories for Whipping Mixing Cookies, Brownies, Cakes, Dough Batters
KitchenAid KSM180QHGSD Queen of Hearts Stand Mixer, 5 Qt, Passion Red
Natierra Nature's Organic Freeze-Dried Strawberries | Gluten Free & Vegan | 1.2 Ounce
OREO Golden Sandwich Cookies, Family Size, 19.1 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 0gSugar: 26gProtein: 2g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.
Check out these amazing recipes from fellow creators:
Crispy Gluten-free Baked BBQ Chicken Wings by Gristle and Gossip
Summer Watermelon Fizz by Handy Chef
Watermelon and Cucumber Salad by Heal Me Delicious
Smoky Party Style Jollof Rice by Immaculate Ruemu
Crab Boil & Garlic Butter Sauce by Jamieson Diaries
Tamarind BBQ Wings by Just Add Hot Sauce
Hibiscus Rum Punch by Kenneth Temple
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Lenox Bakery
Crockpot BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches by Mash & Spread
Grilled Hot Links & Chow Chow by Meiko And The Dish
Strawberry Lemonade Sangria by Nik Snacks
Brown Sugar Caramel No-Churn Ice Cream by Open Invitation Entertainment
Strawberry Basil Pineapple Mocktail by Orchids + Sweet Tea