Oreo Chocolate Chip Brookies (aka "slutty brownies") are three of the best desserts on earth, all meshed into one heavenly brownie bite! A decadent layer of Oreo cookies sandwiched between a fudgy brownie and chocolate chip cookie layer.
Table of contents
Nothing is more yummy than freshly baked chocolate chip cookies... except maybe fudgy brownies! Now imagine the two combined and throw some Oreos in the mix. Then you've got yourself a dream dessert that's perfect for any occasion!
Just imagine biting into a rich, chocolatey brownie top with a crisp yet chewy cookie bottom. This blend of flavors and textures is just like a dessert from a high-end bakery. You're truly getting the best of both worlds because this is such an indulgent treat.
What are brookies?
Brookies are just what they sound like; a delicious combination of cookies and brownies. They can be made in the form of cookies, bars, or cupcakes. And it is up to you whether you want to make them from scratch or use store-bought mixes.
As far as structure goes, brookies can be layered in whatever order you prefer. I take mine to the next level with the addition of Oreos smack dab in the middle but there are no rules when it comes to this layered treat. I have seen everything from nuts, pretzels and Reeses used as fillers.
Key Ingredients for Oreo Chocolate Chip Brookies:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: As a mom that's constantly on the go, I'm here for all the quick and easy (but tasty) hacks. I used a refrigerated tube of chocolate chip cookie dough for this dessert. Use your preferred brand.
- Oreos: Oreos are a popular snack in my household. Including these cream-filled sandwich cookies makes this recipe the ultimate cookie recipe!
- Brownie Mix: Use your favorite box of brownie mix. The brownie layer adds a softness and richness that will have you thinking about this treat well after the last crumb.
How to Make Oreo Chocolate Chip Brookies:
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then prepare your brownie mix according to the box instructions. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Add an even layer of chocolate chip cookie dough to the bottom of the baking dish. Then place the Oreo cookies directly on top of the chocolate chip cookies. After that, pour the brownie batter directly over the cookie layer. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven.
Bake them for 30 minutes. Remove the dish and poke a toothpick through the middle of the brownie layer. If the toothpick comes out clean, the brownies are done. Finally, remove it from the oven. Allow them to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
Tips & Tricks to making this treat:
- Make the chocolate chip cookie dough as your base for a sturdier snack that's easy to hold. The less it crumbles, the less messy!
- If you want your Oreo Chocolate Chip Brookies to look as good as they taste, let them cool completely before slicing.
- Going the homemade route? To save time pre-make your cookie dough. However, brownie batter shouldn't be made until it's ready to use.
- When storing leftovers, use parchment paper if layering to avoid them sticking together.
How to Store Leftovers
If you're lucky enough to have leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days. Just make sure it's in a cool dry space. They can last one week in the fridge and up to two months in the freezer.
- 1 tube Chocolate chip cookie dough, refrigerated
- 1 box Brownie mix, 18.3 oz box
- 3 large Eggs
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup Water
- 30 whole Oreos
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is preheating, make the brownie mix.
- Using a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and water. Use a whisk and stir it until fully combined and mixture is smooth.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Add the chocolate chip cookie dough to the dish. Press it down with hands to form one even layer.
- Next, place the Oreo cookies directly on top of the chocolate chip cookies in one even layer.
- Then pour the brownie batter directly over the cookie layers. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the dish and poke a toothpick through the middle of the brownie layer. If the toothpick comes out clean, the brownies are done.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 270mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.