Cookies n’ Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies made easy with cake batter, chocolate chips, and chocolate cookies. The perfect quick and easy dessert for anytime!
There is nothing better than a delicious cookie. Sometimes the late night sweet tooth hits, and having a good cookie within reach fixes it real quick! With that said- Oreo cookies are the absolute best, it’s not up for debate! Seriously though, I knew it was time for chocolate chip cookies and Oreo’s to collide.
Low and behold, these gems were created! We’ve made them with the traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe, then just adding in the Oreo’s. Although they were amazing, they definitely didn’t compare to this recipe with the cake mix! Something about that cake mix takes these cookies up quite a few notches!
Only a few ingredients needed to make these cookies:
- French vanilla cake mix– this is a MUST for this recipe. However, if your local store doesn’t have French vanilla, just pick up regular vanilla cake mix.
- Cream cheese & butter
- Vanilla extract and one egg
- Oreo cookies
- Milk chocolate and white chocolate chips
That’s it! Of course traditional chocolate chip cookies call for flour, baking powder, and many other ingredients. Cake mix is the leavening agent in these amazing cookies though!
Can I use something other than cream cheese?
Yes, you can. Replace cream cheese with 1/4 cup plain yogurt and 1/4 cup ricotta cheese. Although this is a great alternative, cream cheese provides a nice, tart and creamy balance to go with the cake mix
Nonetheless, these cookies are sure to be a show-stopper in your household! Whether you’re making them for a late night snack-attack, or an after dinner dessert, they are AMAZING!
- 1 box French vanilla cake mix
- 1 stick Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 4 ounces Cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups Oreo cookies, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup White chocolate chips
- Combine the softened butter, egg, vanilla, and cream cheese in a large bowl. Using a hand or stand mixer, mix on medium speed until completely mixed. A creamy mixture should be formed.
- Add the Oreo cookies to a large zipper bag and crush them using a rolling pin, or your hand. Crush them as fine, or as chunky as you prefer- just ensure there are still some chunks remaining. Set these aside
- Next, add the cake mix into the cream cheese mixture . Blend on medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly add the crushed Oreo's and both chocolate chips and combine it into the batter by mixing with a spoon.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into 1/2 inch balls and set aside. Refrigerate the rolled cookie dough for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the cookie dough balls on a non-stick cookie tray, at least one inch apart.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes. Remove them from the oven, and use a spatula to lightly press the cookies down immediately after removing them from the oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on a cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining cookie dough balls.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 237mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.
Products used for this recipe:
I would love to see your creation, and give you a shoutout!