Shrimp Brochette with Garlic Butter Cream sauce is a juicy piece of shrimp stuffed with cheese and jalapeño, then wrapped up with a piece of bacon and baked to perfection and drizzled with this heavenly garlic butter cream sauce!
Calling all shrimp lovers! This is one of my go-to dishes when I see it on the menu! It is so delicious, and super simple to make at home.
Gather your ingredients:
One of the best parts about this this is how easy it is to prepare! Here are the few simple ingredients for tomorrow:
- Shrimp: jumbo shrimp works best for this recipe because you need to be able to put it on the middle and stuff it.
- Jalapeno: you will be taking out the seeds in veins, and putting them into very thin strips.
- Cheese: the best cheese for this dish is Monterey Jack cheese. It melts really well, and has a nice mild flavor.
- Bacon: be sure to get regular cut bacon and not thick cut. Thick cut bacon will not cook quick enough like regular bacon will.
- Garlic butter sauce: for this sauce you will need butter (unsalted), garlic, cream, and seasoning.
What is shrimp brochette?
The term shrimp “en brochette” actually means ”skewered.” However, we know shrimp brochette to simply mean that it is stuffed with jalapeño, and wrapped in bacon!
Take it a step further, and add a piece of cheese to this already delicious creation. You will love the salty and subtle spice combination with the shrimp.
Checkout the story below for more recipe details!
Does the jalapeño make it spicy?
No, this shrimp brochette is not too spicy. There is a very subtle spice from the jalapeño, but it is barely there. Cutting the veins and seeds out of the jalapeno really tames it.
Since the shrimp are cut into thin slivers and paired with a piece of cheese, the spice is almost completely masked. Instead, you are left with a super flavorful bite of shrimp!
How to prevent the cheese from oozing out:
Wrap your bacon tight! The shrimp tends to be a bit slippery. So before you season it, dry the shrimp off with a paper towel.
Another pro tip is to cut the cheese and jalapenos into very thin slivers so that they fit nicely into the shrimp. Lastly, if the bacon does not seem like it will stay wrapped, use a toothpick to hold it in place while baking.
What to serve the shrimp brochete with:
We like to serve this shrimp brochette over a bed of rice. It is also delicious all by itself! Here are some other great ideas to pair the shrimp with:
- 12 jumbo Shrimp, deshelled and deveined
- ½ tablespoon Old bay seasoning
- ½ tablespoon Seasoned salt
- 4 oz Monterrey Jack cheese, cut into thin slices
- 1 whole Jalapeño, cut into thin slices
- 6 pieces of Bacon, cut in half
Garlic Butter Cream Sauce
- 1 stick Butter, unsalted
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Parsley
- ½ tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- Juice of a lemon wedge
- Preheat the oven to 375° Once the shrimp is cleaned and deviened, cut a slit down the back of the shrimp. Careful not to cut it completely in half.
- Place a piece of the cheese and a piece of the jalapeño directly into the slit. Hold the shrimp closed while you wrap a piece of the bacon around it.
- Wrap the bacon as tight as possible so that it holds the cheese and jalapeño in place. Tuck the bacon so it stays in place, or add a toothpick through the shrimp and bacon to hold it.
- Place the bacon wrapped shrimp in one single layer on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet and flip the shrimp over. Bake an additional 8 minutes, or until the bacon is golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve with garlic butter cream sauce.
Garlic Butter Cream Sauce
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the garlic directly into it. Stir continuously for one minute.
- Add he seasonings into the butter and mix well until it is fully combined, for about 30 seconds.
- Stir the cream directly into the butter and mix well until it is combined.
- Drizzle the sauce over the shrimp brochette, and leave some on the side to dip!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
bamfitwell Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove
Sensarte 9.5/11-Inch Nonstick Frying Pan Skillet, Swiss Granite Coating Omelette Pan, Healthy Stone Cookware Chef's Pan, PFOA Free (9.5 Inch )
ORBLUE Garlic Press [Premium], Stainless Steel Mincer, Crusher & Peeler Set - Professional Grade, Easy Clean, Dishwasher Safe & Rustproof
Joho Baking Cookie Sheet Baking Pan Set, Professional Baking Sheet for oven Nonstick, 2 Piece Bakeware Set, 9x13in,10x15in, Gold
Meal Prep Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls Set, Home, Refrigerator, and Kitchen Food Storage Organizers | Ecofriendly, Reusable, Heavy Duty By WHYSKO (With Black Lids)
imarku Chef Knife - Pro Kitchen Knife 8 Inch Chef's Knives High Carbon German Stainless Steel Sharp Paring Knife with Ergonomic Handle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 690Total Fat: 89gSaturated Fat: 31gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 372mgSodium: 649mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 40g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.