Pizza dip is a delicious layered baked dip with gooey, melted cheese, tomato sauce, and pepperoni. It is a quick and easy appetizer or snack that is ready in just 20 minutes. Grab your favorite breadsticks, crackers, veggies, or a fork, and dive in!
This pepperoni pizza dip is hot, full of cheesy goodness, and totally irresistible! Served fresh out of the oven, it looks like pizza in a bowl; browned and bubbling with melted cheese, topped with crispy pepperoni slices.
It is the perfect dip for parties or just something to snack on. This cheesy dip is drool-worthy!
- Why We Love This Pizza Dip Recipe:
- Ingredients You Need:
- Instructions to make Pizza Dip:
- Alternatives and Variations:
- Pro-Tips for the Best Pizza Dip:
- Storing and Reheating:
- More Pizza Recipes to Try
- 📖 Recipe
- Be sure to tag me on Instagram or Facebook when you make this recipe! I would love to see your creation, and give you a shoutout!
Why We Love This Pizza Dip Recipe:
Easy to Prepare! After a quick assembly and just 15 minutes in the oven, you will be indulging in this cheesy, gooey treat that doubles as comfort food. Add your favorite pizza toppings, and you'll have this hot dip to enjoy in 20 minutes or less.
Perfect Party Food! What do you feed a hungry crowd? Pizza, because everyone loves it. This hot pizza dip will have everyone scooping! Serve during game days and holidays.
Diet Friendly! This easy pizza dip has the flavor you love but without the carbs! So it is keto and gluten-free. Just be sure to scoop it with a keto or gluten-free snack. You can also eat it as is, like a crustless pizza or pasta-free lasagna.
Ingredients You Need:
- Cream cheese: The base of this layered dip adds a nice, rich tang that complements the other cheeses. Make sure it is at room temperature for easy mixing.
- Sour cream: A good dip can be easily scooped and sour cream makes this pizza dip appetizer super creamy.
- Seasoning: I used Italian seasoning and garlic powder for added flavor but you can use whatever seasonings you prefer.
- Pizza sauce: Use your favorite tomato sauce or make this super simple homemade marinara sauce.
- Cheese: Shredded parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese are a yummy blend that results in the ultimate cheese pull. Of course, you can use other cheese instead.
- Pepperoni: You can use regular pepperoni or mini pepperoni for this recipe. This is a classic and is one of everyone's favorite pizza toppings!
- Something to dip: Grab some crackers, bagel chips, tortilla chips, garlic bread, or make it super keto friendly and use some green peppers to dip!
Related: Olive Oil Bread Dip
Instructions to make Pizza Dip:
Start by preheating your oven to 350°F.
Next, add the room-temperature cream cheese, sour cream, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder to a medium size bowl. Then use an electric hand mixer or a spoon and mix until fully combined.
Add the cream cheese mixture to the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate or a shallow baking dish and spread it out in one even layer.
Pour, Sprinkle & Layer
Pour the pizza sauce evenly over the cream cheese mixture and spread it out in one thin layer. Then sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the pizza sauce. Add a single layer of pepperonis over the top.
Place it in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Or until you start to see some crispy pepperoni form.
After 10 minutes remove it from the oven and top it with the mozzarella cheese, and any other remaining cheese, and add more pepperonis. Place the dish back in the oven and bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
Finally, remove the pizza dip from the oven and serve it with your favorite crackers, chip or vegetables; such as sliced green peppers, or breadsticks.
Alternatives and Variations:
- Air Fryer Pizza Dip: To air fry pizza dip, follow the same instructions for oven baking. Just make sure you use an oven-safe container that will fit in your air fryer. You could even divide the measurements of this recipe and air fry the dip in ramekins for individual servings.
- Additional Toppings: You can add any of your favorite toppings here! Get creative with your pizza dip toppings, just like you would a pizza. You can add sausage, mushrooms, peppers, red pepper flakes, olives, or even crispy bacon bits.
- White Pizza Dip: If you do not like tomato sauce, then you can just omit it. Replace it with ricotta cheese, or alfredo sauce instead.
Pro-Tips for the Best Pizza Dip:
- Grate blocked cheese instead of purchasing pre-shredded. It melts and tastes so much better!
- Use a hand mixer so the dip is super creamy and easy to scoop.
- Be mindful of the baking dish you use. A smaller skillet or pan will result in a thicker pizza dip whereas a large, wider pan will make a shallow dip.
Storing and Reheating:
Store leftover pizza dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. When you want to reheat, microwave in 30-second intervals.
What do you serve with pizza dip?
You can serve anything you would like with pizza dip. My top suggestions include your favorite bread torn up into bite-size pieces, garlic bread, toasted baguette crackers, pita chips, pretzels, bagel chips, or vegetables such as carrots, celery, or green peppers.
Can pizza dip be made ahead?
Absolutely! Pizza dip is the perfect appetizer because it can be made up to 48 hours in advance. Simply assemble the dip, cover it then place it uncooked into the fridge. Before cooking the pizza dip, let it sit at room temperature for at least 10 minutes. Then preheat the oven and bake.
More Pizza Recipes to Try
- Mini Pizza Cups
- Better Than Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
- Cheesy Breakfast Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza Potato Skins
- 1 package (8 oz) Cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup Sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 cup Pizza sauce
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Pepperonis for topping
- Crackers, veggies, or breadsticks for dipping
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°F.
- Next, add the room temperature cream cheese, sour cream, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder to a medium size bowl. Use an electric hand mixer or a spoon and mix all together until fully combined.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the bottom of a pie dish or a shallow baking dish and spread it out in one even layer.
- Pour the pizza sauce evenly over the cream cheese mixture and spread it out in one thin layer. Now sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the pizza sauce.
- Add a single layer of pepperonis over the top. Place it in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove it from the oven and top it with the mozzarella cheese and add more pepperonis. Place the dish back in the oven and bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Remove pizza dip from the oven and serve it with your favorite crackers, chips, or breadsticks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
SWEEJAR Ceramic Baking Dish, Rectangular Small Baking Pan with Double Handles, 22OZ for Cooking, Brownie, Kitchen, 6.5 x 4.9 x 1.8 Inches(Turquoise)
McCormick Italian Seasoning, 6.25-Ounce
LE TAUCI Ramekins 4 OZ Oven Safe, Creme Brulee Ramekins, Pudding Custard Cups Souffle Ramiken, Dipping Sauce Dishes, Ceramic Ramekin Bowls Set of 6, White
M KITCHEN WORLD Silicone Spatula Set - 4 Piece Rubber Heat Resistant Spatulas for Cooking, Baking & Mixing - Cookware Kitchen Utensils - Orange
WhiteRhino Glass Mixing Bowls with Lids Set of 3（4.5QT,2.7QT, 1.1QT), Large Kitchen Salad Bowls, Space-Saving Nesting Bowls, Round Glass Serving Bowls for Cooking,Baking,Prepping,Dishwasher Safe
Pyrex 2-Piece Glass Pie Plate Set, 9.5-Inch Pie Dish, Glass Baking Dish, Dishwashwer, Microwave, Freezer and Pre-Heated Oven Safe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 550mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.