This cheesy breakfast pizza with sausage ham and eggs is a great spin on traditional breakfast. Perfect solution for any morning or evening meal!
With breakfast being one of my children’s favorite meals, I’m always certain to make sure I’m pleasing them. Although I enjoy breakfast, I would much rather have a savory salad or give me a big ol’ fat greasy cheeseburger!
That’s where the inspiration for this breakfast pizza came along. I’ve had some very good breakfast pizzas but there’s always some thing missing. That extra some thing was the cheese, and the meat!
So with a homemade cheese sauce, with the ham, and with the sausage this breakfast pizza came to life and it was absolutely delicious!
What pizza dough to use for the breakfast pizza:
For this particular variation a flatbread style pizza crust was used. It is highly recommended that you to use a premade Pizza dough. There are some really good ones that you can buy in the store.
A delicious naan style bread would also work for this recipe. If everything homemade is your thing though, definitely make your pizza dough from scratch! Here are a couple amazing recipes from Grandbaby Cakes and Sweet Tea and Thyme.
Can I use bacon instead of ham?
Absolutely! Ham was used for this particular recipe because we had so much left over from Thanksgiving. One of the most beautiful things about this pizza is that you can be completely creative with it.
If bacon is going to be substituted for the ham simply chop it up roughly and pan fry it until it is completely cooked. Set it to the side to drain excess grease. Assemble the pizza according to the directions below.
Should meat be cooked before placing on pizza?
Yes, cook your meat prior to placing it on the pizza. Cooking the meat beforehand will ensure that it’s completely done and everything comes together beautifully.
Since sausage and ham cook at different intervals, pan frying the meats before hand will ensure that they are both fully and completely cooked through prior to baking the pizza.
How to make breakfast pizza with whole eggs instead of scrambled:
If you’re one of those people that enjoy a yolky egg this is for you! Instead of scrambling and cooking the eggs prior to assembling the pizza- simply assemble the pizza with the cheese and the meats, and then crack the eggs right over the top.
Using this method, and depending on how many people being served, it’s recommended to crack 3-4 eggs over the top. This will ensure that each person gets a serving of eggs.
Make ahead and freeze the breakfast pizza:
Prep the pizza exactly as described in the recipe card, but DO NOT add the eggs. Instead of baking immediately, tightly wrap the pizza in plastic wrap, then again with foil. If the pizza will fit into a gallon size Ziploc bag, place it in there as well!
Label the pizza, and freeze it for up to one month. When it is time to cook the pizza, scramble the eggs and add them to the frozen pizza. Bake it in the oven on 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 1 pre-made Pizza crust
- ½ cup Breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup Ham, cooked and chopped
- 2 large Eggs, scrambled
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- ¼ cup Cheddar cheese, shredded for garnish
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 ½ tablespoon Flour
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- Chives for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook breakfast sausage until there is no more pink. Break the sausage up with a spoon as it cooks. Once it is done, set it aside on a bed of paper towels for access grease to drain.
- Cut ham into small bite size pieces. Use the same pan the sausage cooked in, and sear it for 5-7 minutes, until it begins to brown. Remove the ham from the pan and set it aside.
- Mix-up (scramble) the eggs in a medium size bowl. Add the salt and pepper to the egg mixture. Pour the eggs into a non-stick skillet and scramble them until they are semi soft. Try not to cook them all the way through, as they will finish cooking in the oven.
- Place the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Once it begins to melt, sprinkle in the flour. Continue stirring the flour into the butter until it is fully absorbed.
- Slowly pour the milk into the flour mixture. Whisk it together until it is smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add a teaspoon of milk at a time.
- Mix the sharp cheddar cheese, and all of the seasonings into the sauce. Stir until fully combined, and the cheese is melted.
Assemble the Breakfast Pizza
- Spread at least one cup of the cheese sauce onto the pizza dough. Smooth it out into one even layer. Add more sauce if desired.
- Begin layering the remaining ingredients over the cheese sauce. Add the eggs, sausage, and ham into even layers across the entire pizza.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Flat bread pizza dough was used for this recipe.
It is important to not cook the eggs all the way through on the stove top!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 6) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set - Easy To Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, Prepping
Cuisinart Boxed Grater, Black, One Size
AmazonCommercial Stainless Steel & Silicone Non-Stick Coated Whisk, 12 Inch
OXO Good Grips 3- Piece Wooden Utensil Set
Sensarte 9.5/11-Inch Nonstick Frying Pan Skillet, Swiss Granite Coating Omelette Pan, Healthy Stone Cookware Chef's Pan, PFOA Free (9.5 Inch )
Wilton Easy Layers Sheet Cake Pan, 2-Piece Set
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 572Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 1093mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 25g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.