These mini pizza cups are small bite sized pizzas loaded with all of your favorite toppings. They are great to serve at parties or to make a quick snack!
Having a quick and easy lunch or snack on deck is super helpful and essential to running my household! So these pizza cups are the perfect solution to make mealtime and snack time a breeze.
The perfect appetizer, snack, or meal!
These little pizza cups are perfect to make as an appetizer. You can make 12 of them at a time, so it is quick and easy to prepare a lot at once.
Even more, they are easy to eat without utensils- which make them the perfect finger food for your next party or get together. Whip them up, and serve them with some ranch dipping sauce, or marinara on the side!
Gather the toppings:
One of the best things about this recipe is how easy they are to prepare, and how few ingredients you need to make them! Get the kiddos in the kitchen with you to make this delicious snack.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these mini pizzas:
- Wonton wrappers: once these are added to the muffin tins and baked, they make the most perfect vessel for all of your pizza toppings.
- Pepperoni: what is a delicious pizza without pepperoni right? You can use whole pepperoni slices and just give them a rough chop, or use the mini pepperonis.
- Marinara sauce: grab your favorite pizza sauce from the grocery store and use it as a base for all of your delicious toppings.
- Cheese: mozzarella cheese is the best to use for these pizza cups. Buy the pre-shredded mozzarella, or a block that can be shredded.
How to prepare the wonton crust:
Instead of pizza dough, we are using these crispy and delicious wonton wrappers. So start by placing the wonton wrappers into a muffin pan. First put one wrapper down, then layer the other one right on top, but crisscrossing so they overlap.
Once each muffin tin is filled with the wrappers, make sure they are pressed against the sides to form a cup. Then spray the wrappers with non-stick cooking spray.
Bake on 375 degrees for about seven minutes, or until the wrappers are a light golden brown color. Take them out, and begin assembling the mini pizzas!
Topping variations for the pizza cups:
There are so many filling options for these pizza cups, which is the fun part! You can fill them with a little bit of everyone's favorite pizza toppings. Here are a few topping ideas:
- Make them supreme with bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, ham, and pepperoni.
- Hawaiian pizza style- with ham and pineapple
- Pepperoni and cheese, which is a true classic!
- Add some Italian sausage
- Vegetarian style, just omit all the meats and load up on the veggies and cheese! Add garlic, spinach, and green peppers if you wish.
- Or, you can even make these into fruit pizza cups, sort of like a mini dessert!
Make them ahead of time:
Make these pizza cups ahead of time by follow all of the instructions to assemble them, just do not bake. One they are all assembled, cover the muffin pan with plastic wrap, then aluminum foil, and place in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Once you are ready to serve them, take them out of the refrigerator and allow them to come to room temperature for about ten minutes. Add them into the oven at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. The cheese should be nice and melty when they are done.
How to store and reheat the mini pizza cups:
If you make these delicious pizza cups and happen to have any leftover, you can save them for later. Simply let them cool down completely, then place them in a gallon size Ziploc bag.
Place them in the freezer if you do not plan on eating them right away. They can remain frozen for up to one month. When you are ready to eat them, reheat them in the air fryer on the "reheat" mode, or microwave on high for one minute.
- 24 Wonton wrappers
- 1 cup Marinara sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Pepperoni, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Bell peppers
- Red Onions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Using a muffin pan, place one wonton wrapper in the muffin area and spread it out as best as possible.
- Next, place another wonton wrapper directly on top of the first one, trying to offset it a bit so that it forms a cup. Continue this process until all 12 muffin tins are filled.
- Spray the wonton wrappers with non-stick cooking spray. Place them in the oven and bake for 7 minutes, or until the wrappers turn a very light golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and start assembling the pizza cups. Spoon one tablespoon of the marinara sauce into the bottom of each wrapper and spread it around evenly.
- Now place some of the mozzarella cheese, then the pepperoni, and add a little more of the marinara sauce. Top with more mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Sprinkle the top of each cup with Italian seasoning, and continue building the pizza cups until they are all filled.
- Cover the muffin pan loosely with aluminum foil so that the wonton wrappers do not burn. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the toppings are all melted.
Cooking times may vary based on your particular settings. Keep an eye on the pizza cups, once the cheese is melted and the wonton wrappers are brown, they are done!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Rao's Homemade Marinara Sauce, 24 oz, All Purpose Tomato Sauce, Pasta Sauce, Carb Conscious, Keto Friendly, All Natural, Premium Quality, With Italian Tomatoes & Olive Oil
imarku Chef Knife - Pro Kitchen Knife 8 Inch Chef's Knives High Carbon German Stainless Steel Sharp Paring Knife with Ergonomic Handle
bamfitwell Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove
Hormel Pepperoni, Original, 6 oz
McCormick Italian Seasoning, 6.25-Ounce
Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Muffin Pan & Cupcake Pan, 12-Cup, Steel
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 395Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 1197mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 22g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.