Potato skins filled with a delicious marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni. All of the flavors of pizza packed into a crisp potato skin. The perfect appetizer for any occasion.
These pepperoni pizza potato skins are the PERFECT appetizer for any gathering, or just simply for the family to enjoy. Are you as excited as I am that football season has officially started?! Football season calls for a lot of fun with friends and family. From watch parties, to draft parties- food is a must at all occasions!
No need to be that guest or host that comes to the party with boring chips and dip! With a recipe like these pepperoni pizza potato skins, you'll be the life of the party! They are super simple to make, and they are truly delicious. Of course you can bake the potatoes in the oven, but to save time, we used the microwave.
Let's make the pepperoni pizza potato skins!
First thing you want to do is preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Next, wash the potatoes thoroughly. Use a fork to poke holes in the potatoes (as many as possible). If you will be baking the potatoes in the oven, wrap them in aluminum foil instead of poking holes.
Microwave the potatoes for 5-7 minutes. The time may vary depending on how many potatoes, and microwave settings. Once the potatoes are tender, remove them from the microwave and let them cool enough that they can be handled.
Cut the potatoes in half- lengthwise. Remove most of the potato flesh and place it in a large bowl. Be sure to leave a little bit of potato in the skin so they do not get to flimsy.
Combine the olive oil, Italian seasoning, and 1 cup mozzarella cheese with the potato flesh you reserved. Mix and mash until the potatoes are smooth.
Dice up your turkey pepperoni, and basil. Regular pepperoni will work just fine also.
Time to fill the potato skins!
Spoon about ½ tablespoon of marinara sauce into the bottom of each potato skin. After that, put a little bit of the potato mixture into each one. Use your best judgement here in terms of how much to put in each potato skin- ensuring you have enough for each one.
Top the potato skins with the remaining mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and basil.
Bake for 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven and serve with the remaining marinara sauce.
HAPPY FOOTBALL SEASON FRIENDS!
P.S. Go Texans! 😉
- 4 Potatoes
- 2 cups Marinara sauce, save 1 cup for dipping
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, 1 cup for potatoes, 1 cup for topping
- 1 cup Turkey pepperoni, sliced
- ½ cup Basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Poke the potatoes with a fork to put as many holes as possible. Microwave the potatoes on high for 5-7 minutes until they are tender.
- Once potatoes are tender, remove from microwave and let them cool enough that they can e handled.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise (the long way). Remove most of the flesh from the potatoes and set aside in a bowl.
- Mix the olive oil, 1 cup of cheese, and italian seasoning together with the reserved potato flesh. Mash until smooth.
- Add about ½ tablespoon of marinara to the bottom of each potato skin.
- Add the mashed potatoes back into the potato skins. Top each one with remaining cheese, chopped basil, and turkey pepperoni.
- Place potato skins on a sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes. Serve potato skins with remaining marinara sauce.