Candied bacon is such a delicious treat! It is semi-sweet and super savory, this bacon is going to be a hit at your next brunch or breakfast, or as a tasty snack!
This candied bacon has been a family favorite for so long! Bacon is already delicious on its own, but with a few simple ingredients you can turn it into a real treat!
Table of contents
Ingredients you need to make candy bacon:
The best part about this recipe is how simple it is to make, and how few ingredients you need. Here is your shopping list:
- Bacon: thick cut bacon is best for this recipe
- Brown sugar: light brown sugar
- Maple syrup: this is slightly different than pancake syrup, but in a pinch, you can definitely use pancake syrup
- Cayenne pepper: this is optional, but highly recommended! It does not make it spicy, just gives it a nice kick.
How do you make candied bacon?
You want to lay your bacon flat on a baking sheet. Then you are going to sprinkle both sides with the brown sugar to evenly coat each piece.
Next you will drizzle or brush on the maple syrup to each side. Dust the cayenne pepper onto each slice of bacon.
Bake it in the oven for about ten minutes, take it out and flip each piece, then bake an additional seven minutes.
What is the best bacon to use?
For this recipe you will want to use thick cut bacon. If it is not thick cut, it will not hold up when the brown sugar and maple syrup are added. You want your candy bacon to be nice and crispy.
Also, get regular bacon, or hickory smoked bacon instead of maple. This will be delicious once the candy ingredients are added.
Making bacon in the air fryer:
You can definitely make this in the air fryer. Add an air fryer lining if you have one, or use a piece of foil.
Place your bacon in a single layer and put it on the bake setting at 350 degrees. Cook it for about seven minutes, flip it over and cook for another five minutes.
Remove it from the air fryer and place on a cooling rack to drain any excess oil.
How to make bacon in the oven:
Making bacon in the oven is the best way to cook it! You don't have to worry about bacon drippings splattering all over the place, and the bacon stays flat instead of curling up.
Simply line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Lay the bacon out in one single layer, careful not to overlap them.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Bake the bacon for ten minutes, remove it from the oven and flip it over. Then bake an additional seven minutes.
Remove the bacon from the oven and place them in a single layer on a cooling rack to drain any extra oil.
- 1 pack Thick cut bacon
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- ½ cup Maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cover a 9x13 sheet pan with non-stick spray or parchment paper.
- Spread the bacon out in one layer across the sheet pan, placing each slice really close but not overlapping.
- Sprinkle the bacon evenly with the brown sugar, and then drizzle the maple syrup over each piece. Repeat this on both sides of the bacon.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 10 mins. Remove it from the oven, flip the bacon and bake for additional 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the bacon flat on a cooling rack to drain any excess grease. Enjoy!
*Baking times may vary, remove from oven when bacon is crispy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Coombs Family Farms Organic Maple Syrup, Grade A Amber Color, Rich Taste, 16 Fl Oz
Pyrex Circular Glass Storage Container Set with Lids | 6 Piece Simply Store Meal Prep Glass Food Storage Containers | Microwave, Dishwasher, and Oven Safe | BPA Free Lids | Proudly Made in the USA
Silicone Basting Pastry Brush Spread Oil Butter Sauce Marinades for BBQ Grill Baking Kitchen Cooking, Baste Pastries Cakes Meat Sausages Desserts, Food Grade, Dishwasher safe
Ninja Air Fryer that Cooks, Crisps and Dehydrates, with 4 Quart Capacity, and a High Gloss Finish
Cooling Racks for Cooking and Baking,Estmoon Stainless Steel Wire Rack,15 Inch Heavy Duty Baking Rack Fits Baking Sheet,Rust-Resistant Rack for Roasting Grilling Drying,Oven &Dishwasher Safe
Joho Baking Cookie Sheet Baking Pan Set, Professional Baking Sheet for oven Nonstick, 2 Piece Bakeware Set, 9x13in,10x15in, Gold
Serving Size:6 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 0gSugar: 31gProtein: 1g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.