Who would have ever thought how delicious bacon would be when turned into a jam!? Sounds super funky, but I promise, this is an amazing addition to so many things. Bacon jam can be used on:
That’s just to name a few. This bacon jam takes any recipe to the next level with a special umph of flavor that it adds.
Give it a try!
- 1 pack Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ½ cup Fresh brewed black coffee
- 2 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- Cook bacon until done. Remove it from pan and drain excess grease on paper towels. Once cooled, chop back into small pieces.
- Tilt the pan and remove all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease from the pan. Add onions and sauté until they are translucent. Add garlic, sauté for one minute.
- Add bacon, seasonings, brown sugar, black coffee, and apple cider vinegar into the pan.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes until sauce thickens. Tilt pan to remove any excess grease rendered from bacon.
- Remove from heat and add balsamic vinegar.
- Serve immediately or store in air tight container or jar and refrigerate for up to 7 days.