Bacon Jam is a sweet and savory mixture of reduced bacon, onions, coffee, and a few other ingredients that create a delicious jam. It is addictingly delicious, and can be used for many things.
Use it to top potatoes, hamburgers, waffles or pancakes, or any other meal to enhance the flavor.
Table of contents
Have you ever had, or heard of bacon jam? It is a true delicacy. I mean, who would have ever thought how delicious bacon would be when turned into a jam? It is an amazing addition to so many different foods.
What is bacon jam used for:
Bacon jam can be used for virtually anything. Some amazing ways you can use it are on:
- Breads- biscuits, cornbread, toast
That is just to name a few. This bacon jam takes any recipe to the next level with a special umph of flavor that it adds.
Other ideas to use it:
You can place the jam in a jar, and give it as a gift! This jam can last up to two weeks in the refrigerator, so placed in a cute gift jar; it makes for a pleasant surprise to the recipient. Include a cute card with instructions for use, and it makes for a wonderful gift!
What kind of bacon to use:
The exact brand of the bacon is not as important as the cut. Center cut bacon is the best for you to use. Bacon automatically renders a lot of fat. So by using center cut, you will reduce the amount of fat that comes from the bacon after it cooks.
Hickory smoke, or Applewood bacon is also a delicious variety to use for this jam. Those two add an amazing depth of flavor to this amazing condiment.
Center cut bacon
How to store leftover jam:
After cooking until it completely reduces, eat it right away! If for some reason it is not devoured in the first sitting, let it cool completely and then store it in an airtight container.
Place the jam in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. When you are ready to use it, it can be eaten cold, or simply warm it up in a microwave safe container.
Give it a try!
- 1 pack Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ½ cup Fresh brewed black coffee
- 2 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- Cook bacon until it is done, no more pink shows. Remove it from pan and drain excess grease on paper towels. Once it is cooled, chop the bacon into small pieces.
- Tilt the pan and remove all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease from the pan. Add the chopped onions and sauté until they are translucent. Next, add the garlic and sauté for one minute.
- Place the chopped bacon, seasonings, brown sugar, black coffee, and apple cider vinegar into the pan with the onions and garlic
- Simmer for about 20 minutes over medium low heat, stirring frequently so it does not stick to the skillet. Sauce will begin to thicken.
- Remove it from the heat and add balsamic vinegar. Stir it until well combined.
- Serve immediately or store in air tight container or jar and refrigerate for up to 14 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Spice Jars, SPANLA 12 Pack 4oz Small Glass Jars with Airtight Hinged Lid, With 12 Spice Labels & Silicone Funnels, Airtight Glass Jars for Spices, Art Craft Storage (12 Pack)
Colavita Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP, 3 years, 8.5 Floz, Glass Bottle
bamfitwell Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece Set, Nesting, Microwave and Dishwasher Safe)
MOSFiATA 8" Super Sharp Professional Chef's Knife with Finger Guard and Knife Sharpener, German High Carbon Stainless Steel EN1.4116 with Micarta Handle and Gift Box
Sensarte 9.5/11-Inch Nonstick Frying Pan Skillet, Swiss Granite Coating Omelette Pan, Healthy Stone Cookware Chef's Pan, PFOA Free (9.5 Inch )
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.