Homemade cheeseburgers are a guaranteed hit in almost any household- mine included. Whether grilled outdoors, pan seared, or cooked in the oven, you cannot go wrong with cheeseburgers. The fun part of making cheeseburgers are the ability to dress them up with whatever toppings you want. Pickles, onions, tomatoes, lettuce- you name it. The best cheeseburger topping though-
BACON BACON BACON, BACON JAM!
Not just any bacon though, bacon jam! This bacon jam takes cheeseburgers to a whole different level A little bit of sweet, savory deliciousness oozing atop your cheeseburger. The flavors of the bacon jam are rich, with onions serving as a sharp undertone, a hit of coffee for a bold and robust taste, and a touch of brown sugar to sweeten it up. Adding the balsamic vinegar at the end adds that extra razzle dazzle to round out the flavors.
So say goodbye to your typical bacon cheeseburger, and indulge in this bacon jam cheeseburger. You won’t be sorry!
Let me know if you’ve ever tried bacon jam in the comments below!
- 2 lbs Ground beef, 80/20
- 2 tablespoons McCormick Grill Mates Hamburger Seasoning
- 1 whole Onion, diced
- 2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices Cheddar cheese
Building the Cheeseburger
- 1 pack Hamburger buns, brioche rolls are great
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 8 Pickle chips
- ¼ wedge Iceburg lettuce, torn into sandwich size pieces
- 4 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoon Bacon Jam, see recipe link
- Heat cast iron skillet on stove over medium high. While it's warming up, thoroughly combine all ingredients in a large bowl (careful not to over handle meat)
- Form 6-8 patties, depending on desired size.
- Sear and cook each patty 7-10 minutes on each side. Adjust cooking time if you prefer medium-rare to well burger.
- Add cheese and continue cooking until it is melted.
- Remove patties from skillet and drain excess grease on paper towel lined plate.
- Build your burger- this Bacon Jam is a must for this burger!
Adjust cooking time to desired doneness for your burger.
Use or omit any other toppings to make it your own.