Bacon jam has a sweet, salty, savory flavor that enhances the cheeseburger and gives it the unique and memorable taste. The bacon jam is the key ingredient that sets this cheeseburger apart from any other.
Homemade cheeseburgers are a guaranteed hit in almost any household- mine included. Whether grilled outdoors, pan seared, or cooked in the oven, you cannot go wrong with cheeseburgers.
What are some good topping ideas for cheeseburgers?
The fun part of making cheeseburgers are the ability to dress them up with whatever toppings you want. Some amazing ideas for toppings include:
- Banana peppers
The list can go on-and-on. One of the absolute best toppings though- this BACON JAM!
What is bacon jam?
Bacon jam is basically a sort of "bacon relish" if you will. It is essentially bacon and onions that are rendered down in a juicy coffee based reduction. Once it is rendered down, it has a molasses-like texture that resembles a jam.
Is bacon jam really sweet like jelly?
No. It is just little touch of sweet, savory deliciousness oozing atop your cheeseburger. The flavors of the bacon jam are rich, with onions serving as a sharp undertone, a hit of coffee for a bold and robust taste, and a touch of brown sugar to sweeten it up.
Adding the balsamic vinegar at the end adds that extra razzle dazzle to round out the flavors.
How to keep the cheeseburger from drying out:
One of the most important parts are when you are mixing the meat and forming your patties. Try your best not to over work the meat. Which means, do not mix and mix for too long. Just mix enough to combine all of the seasonings.
Another pro-tip is, place a thumb print indention in the middle of the burgers after you put them in the preheated skillet. This keeps the burger from shriveling up too much, as well as providing an even cook.
So say goodbye to your typical bacon cheeseburger, and indulge in this bacon jam cheeseburger. You won't be sorry!
- 2 lbs Ground beef, 80/20
- 2 tablespoons McCormick Grill Mates Hamburger Seasoning
- 1 whole Onion, diced
- 2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Building the Cheeseburger
- 1 pack Hamburger buns, brioche rolls are great
- 4 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoon Bacon Jam, see recipe link
- 6 slice of Cheese, provolone or cheddar
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced Onion
- Pickle Chips
- Heat a cast iron skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- While the skillet is warming up, thoroughly combine the ground beef, hamburger seasoning, diced onion, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix until combined, trying not to over work the meat. Next, form the meat into 6 patties in the shape and size of burgers you want.
- Place the patties into the preheated skillet, careful not to overcrowd. Sear and cook the patties 7-10 minutes on each side. Adjust cooking time if you prefer medium-rare to well burger.
- During the last minute, add the cheese and continue cooking until it is melted.
- Remove the patties from skillet and drain excess grease on paper towel lined plate.
- Build your burger- this Bacon Jam is a must for this burger!
Adjust cooking time to desired doneness for your burger.
Use or omit any other toppings to make it your own.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
McCormick Grill Mates Hamburger Seasoning, 24 oz
imarku Chef Knife - Pro Kitchen Knife 8 Inch Chef's Knives High Carbon German Stainless Steel Sharp Paring Knife with Ergonomic Handle (A - Brown Handle)
Meal Prep Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls Set, Home, Refrigerator, and Kitchen Food Storage Organizers | Ecofriendly, Reusable, Heavy Duty By WHYSKO (With Black Lids)
bamfitwell Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove(4-Piece Set) -Best Kitchen Chopping Board for Chopping Meat, Vegetables, Fruits, Cheese, Butcher Chopping Block & Wood Large Serving Tray Holder
KitchenVIA Wide Spatula Turner, Heat-Resistant Handle, Beveled Edge for Flipping Pancakes, Eggs or Serving Lasagna and Flat Stainless-Steel Blade, Kitchen or Grill
Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet 2-Piece Set (10-Inch and 12-Inch) Oven Safe Cookware - 2 Heat-Resistant Holders - Indoor and Outdoor Use - Grill, Stovetop, Induction Safe
Serving Size:6 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 723Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 183mgSodium: 752mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 54g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.