Learn how to make a Spicy Bowl! This TikTok viral sensation has everyone clamoring for boiled eggs, pickled sausage, and jalapenos drenched in fiery hot pickle juice. Scoop up each bite with chips for a delectable crunch!
- What is the Spicy Bowl trend on TikTok?
- Why You will Love This Spicy Bowl Recipe:
- Ingredients You'll Need:
- Instructions to Make Spicy Bowl:
- Alternatives and Variations:
- More Delicious Recipes to Try
- 📖 Recipe
- Be sure to tag me on Instagram or Facebook when you make this TikTok Spicy Bowl recipe! I would love to see your creation, and give you a shoutout!
I knew the second I saw these spicy bowls on TikTok, I HAD TO recreate them! I love pickles, I love spicy, so I knew this would be delicious! This pickled snack, with sour cream and cheddar Ruffles, has become mine and my kids favorite recipe!
What is the Spicy Bowl trend on TikTok?
Spicy bowls are a mouthwatering combination of spicy, sweet, and sour flavors. I came across it one day when scrolling on TikTok and I just had to try it! Pickles, jalapenos, banana peppers, pickled sausages, and boiled eggs are drenched in a spicy bowl sauce made with red pepper-infused jalapeno and pickle juice.
It is an explosion of fiery flavors, complemented by the sweet and sour taste of pickles. You have to enjoy the best spicy bowls with a bag of Cheddar and Sour Cream Ruffles for an even more addicting treat!
Why You will Love This Spicy Bowl Recipe:
Perfect for Spice Lovers! If you love spicy food, this is perfect for your taste buds.
Super Flavorful! These bowls are not just hot, they are sweet, sour, salty, and tangy, with a hint of acidity from the vinegar.
Perfect Late Night Snack! This is an easy way to indulge. Whip this up in just 20 minutes without using a stove or microwave.
Easy to make! Most of the work is in chopping the pickles and sausage. Making the sauce for the spicy bowls is super simple!
Ingredients You'll Need:
- Spicy Pickles: I suggest Van Holten’s Hot Mama Pickles. You can use whatever pickle you have on hand though.
- Jalapenos: This brings a pleasant kick of heat.
- Peppercinis: Use this or banana peppers.
- Pickled sausages: They are fully cooked and then soaked in vinegar brine. We subbed beef sticks for the pickled sausage and it was still delicious!
- Eggs: Prepare hard-boiled eggs in advance. You can definitely buy the already prepared pickled eggs too.
Spicy Bowl Sauce:
- Hot sauce: Franks or Louisiana brands are best.
- Juice from pickles: This adds a briny flavor.
- Jalapeno juice: This is the spicy base of the sauce.
- Peppercinis juice: For a sweet peppery taste
- Paprika: This brightens the dish, giving it a red hue.
- Red pepper flakes: Made of dried and crushed red chili peppers.
- Chili powder: An aromatic and savory quality.
- Old bay seasoning: This ingredient is optional but highly recommended for depth of flavor.
Instructions to Make Spicy Bowl:
Slice up all of your ingredients into bite-size pieces. This includes spicy pickles, jalapenos, banana peppers, pickled sausages, and boiled eggs (you can slice the eggs or leave them whole).
Place these ingredients in a bowl, and set them aside.
Prepare Spicy Bowl Sauce
In a separate bowl, make the sauce for your spicy bowl. Add the hot sauce, pickle juice, jalapeno juice, and banana pepper juice to a bowl. Stir this up to combine it well.
Now sprinkle in the paprika, red pepper flakes, chili powder, and old bay seasoning. Use a spoon to stir it until everything is combined.
Assemble and Serve
Gently pour the sauce mixture over the spicy bowl ingredients. Use a large spoon to stir all of the ingredients together until it is fully incorporated. If you sliced the eggs, be careful not to break them up too much.
Spoon the mixture into individual bowls that have airtight lids, or jars with lids. Enjoy them right away or store them in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Alternatives and Variations:
- Spicy Elements: For a milder spice level, use regular pickles instead of spicy pickles. Use more or less red pepper flakes and hot sauce depending on the level of spiciness you desire.
- Sausage: You can use summer sausage or beef sausage sticks in place of the pickled sausage. Use hot sausage if you want to up the heat.
- Chips: Don't want to use Ruffles cheddar chips? Or just want some variety? Serve them with Doritos, Funyuns, or Flamin Hot Cheetos.
- Spicy Bowl Noodles: If you want to make this a filling meal, add ramen noodles to enjoy this for lunch or dinner. Add a touch of soy sauce for an umami flavor.
Luckily, these bowls are already packaged for storage. They will last in the fridge for up to two weeks since they are pickeled.
What are spicy bowls?
Spicy bowls are individual serving-sized bowls of hot, pickled ingredients in a spicy broth made with pickle juice. Do not confuse it with the traditional Korean dish.
Where did Spicy Bowls originate?
The spicy bowl originated in Florida and began trending on social media as celebrities like Cardi B tried it. There are variations in Louisiana, specifically New Orleans. Pickled foods are definitely a Southern tradition.
Can I heat up Spicy Bowls?
If you want to serve spicy bowls hot, warm up the sauce over medium heat before adding it to each bowl and serving. You can also microwave the soup base for about 3 minutes. I do not recommend microwaving boiled eggs.
More Delicious Recipes to Try
- Biscuit Breakfast Bowl
- Copycat KFC Bowl
- Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowls
- Easy and Delicious Vermicelli Bowls
- Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 3 Spicy Pickles, sliced (Van Holten’s Hot Mama Pickles)
- 1 cup Jalapenos, sliced
- 1 cup Peppercinis, sliced (banana peppers)
- 3 Pickled sausages, sliced
- 4 Eggs, boiled
Spicy Bowl Sauce:
- 2 cups Hot sauce, Franks or Louisiana are best
- 2 cups Juice from pickles
- ½ cup Jalapeno juice
- ½ cup Peppercinis juice
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Red pepper flakes
- ½ tablespoon Chili powder
- Cheddar and Sour Cream Ruffles for serving
- Slice up all of your ingredients into bite size pieces. Including the spicy pickles, jalapenos, banana peppers, pickled sausages, and boiled eggs (you can slice the eggs or leave them whole).
- Place these ingredients in a bowl, and set them aside.
- In a separate bowl, make the sauce for your spicy bowl. Add the hot sauce, pickle juice, jalapeno juice, and banana pepper juice to a bowl. Stir this up to combine it well.
- Now sprinkle in the paprika, red pepper flakes, chili powder, and old bay seasoning. Use a spoon to stir it until everything is combined.
- Gently pour the sauce mixture over the spicy bowl ingredients. Use a large spoon to stir all of the ingredients together until it is fully incorporated. If you sliced the eggs, be careful not to break them up too much.
- Spoon the mixture into individual bowls that have airtight lids, or jars with lids. Enjoy right away or store them in the refrigerator for up to one week.
You can use summer sausage or beef sausage sticks in place of the pickled sausage.
Substitute regular pickles in place of spicy pickles.
Use more or less red pepper flakes and hot sauce depending on the level of spiciness you desire.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Penrose Big Mama Pickled Sausages, Keto Friendly, 2.4 oz, 12 Pack
Van Holten's Pickles - Jumbo Hot Pickle-In-A-Pouch - 12 Pack
imarku Chef Knife - Pro Kitchen Knife 8 Inch Chef's Knives
WhiteRhino Glass Mixing Bowls with Lids Set of 3（4.5QT,2.7QT, 1.1QT), Large Kitchen Salad Bowls, Space-Saving Nesting Bowls, Round Glass Serving Bowls for Cooking,Baking,Prepping,Dishwasher Safe
Mason Jars 12 OZ, VERONES Canning Jars Jelly Jars With Regular Lids, Ideal for Jam, Honey, Wedding Favors, Shower Favors, 20 PACK
TashiBox [8oz-40 Sets Plastic Containers with Airtight Lids, Food Storage Containers, Deli, Slime, Soup, Meal Prep Containers | BPA Free | Stackable | Leakproof | Microwave/Dishwasher/Freezer Safe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 412mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 7g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.