Cheesy Garlic Naan Bread is a fun twist on traditional garlic bread that's ready to enjoy in less than 20 minutes. It's toasted to perfection in the air fryer for a crisp exterior and a soft, chewy center and complemented by butter, garlic and fresh parsley. This dish works as an appetizer, side dish, or a quick snack.
Table of contents
Pass on the store-bought frozen garlic bread filled with preservatives and opt to make yours at home with just a few simple ingredients. Get your air fryers ready... We have got some yummy Air Fryer Cheesy Garlic Naan Bread to make!
What is naan?
Swap out French bread for a popular Indian bread known as naan for this recipe. Naan contains maida, a delicate white flour that resembles powder.
What makes naan so special are the inclusion of milk and yogurt in the dough. These rich ingredients give naan the distinct moist, and tender texture that you will love.
Naan is traditionally baked in a tandoori oven. You can make it at home, but we are skipping that step for the sake of time; and going with your preferred brand of store-bought naan.
I chose to slice the naan in thin strips, so that everyone at the dinner table could grab as many as they want. Cutting the naan into thin strips also makes it great for dipping.
Why should I use an air fryer?
Air fryers are the latest craze, but they are here to stay. Hear me out! Air fryers are great for reheating leftovers, cooking whole meals or even desserts. So of course you can use an air fryer to make delectable cheesy garlic naan bread.
Air fryers cook most foods quicker and more evenly than ovens and microwaves. You get the crisp taste you love in a fraction of the time and with less clean up! It is recommended that you lay down some foil before placing your naan strips in the air fryer.
Are you an air fryer newbie? One of the best tips I can give you is to not overfill your air fryer. Give the food enough space by cooking in batches so you don't obstruct the air flow and end up with soggy or unevenly cooked bread.
What should I serve with Air Fryer Cheesy Garlic Naan Bread?
Traditionally, naan is eaten with Indian dishes like curry or chicken tikka masala. Since we're adding butter, garlic, and cheese to our naan, here are some suggestions specifically for the Air Fryer Cheesy Garlic Naan Bread.
• Simple Homemade Marinara Sauce - If you're looking for a quick snack or appetizer, take slices and dip them in this hearty sauce made of tomatoes, herbs, and spices.
• Herb and Ricotta Stuffed Pasta - Want to make an Italian-inspired meal to fill everyone's stomach? The bread would complement this pasta dish stuffed with fresh herbs and rich ricotta cheese and covered in savory hearty homemade meat sauce.
• Lemon Pepper Garlic Wings - Craving some takeout? When it's pizza night in my household, my favorite sides are chicken wings and garlic bread.
• Hearty Vegetable Stew - Have a delicious tomato based stew with cheesy garlic naan as a side.
CAUTION: This cheesy garlic bread is extremely addicting! It will be surprising if you are able to just eat one piece. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Cheesy Garlic Naan Bread is a fun twist on traditional garlic bread that's ready to enjoy in less than 20 minutes. It's toasted to perfection in the air fryer for a crisp exterior and a soft, chewy center and complemented by butter, garlic and fresh parsley. This dish works as an appetizer, side dish, or a quick snack.
- 2 pieces Naan (store-bought)
- 4 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cut the naan into 1.5-inch thick slices.
- Place butter into a microwave-safe bowl and melt it.
- Using a fine grater, grate the garlic cloves directly into the melted butter.
- Add parsley to the butter mixture, and stir it together well.
- Use a brush to brush the garlic butter onto each slice of naan. Be generous with the amount brushed on.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over each slice of naan.
- Place the naan into the air fryer on bake setting for 5 minutes then broil for 2-3 additional minutes. Serve immediately.
*Cook time and temperature vary depending on your air fryer. Adjust accordingly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Silicone Basting Pastry Brush Spread Oil Butter Sauce Marinades for BBQ Grill Baking Kitchen Cooking, Baste Pastries Cakes Meat Sausages Desserts, Food Grade, Dishwasher safe
StarPack Basics Silicone Kitchen Tongs (9-Inch & 12-Inch) - Stainless Steel with Non-Stick Silicone Tips, High Heat Resistant to 480°F, For Cooking, Serving, Grill, BBQ & Salad (Teal Blue)
Ninja Air Fryer that Cooks, Crisps and Dehydrates, with 4 Quart Capacity, and a High Gloss Finish
Deiss PRO Citrus Zester & Cheese Grater — Parmesan Cheese Lemon, Ginger, Garlic, Nutmeg, Chocolate, Vegetables, Fruits - Razor-Sharp Stainless Steel Blade, Wide, Dishwasher Safe
Chef Knife - PAUDIN Pro Kitchen Knife 8 Inch Chef's Knife N1 German High Carbon Stainless Steel Knife with Ergonomic Handle, Ultra Sharp, Best Choice for Home Kitchen & Restaurant
bamfitwell Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 232mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.