This brisket sandwich is made with tender chunks of chopped beef caramelized with BBQ sauce and slathered between buttery toasted buns. Use leftover brisket from a barbecue or holiday meal to whip up this easy beef brisket sandwich.
- You will Love This Brisket Sandwich Recipe:
- What is brisket?
- Ingredients you need:
- How to Make a Brisket Sandwich:
- Storing and Reheating:
- More Beef Recipes to Try
- 📖 Recipe
- Be sure to tag me on Instagram or Facebook when you make this BBQ Brisket Sandwich recipe! I would love to see your creation, and give you a shoutout!
Brisket sandwiches are one of my favorite ways to enjoy Smoked Brisket because it is packed with flavor. Perfectly cooked, juicy beef brisket is chopped into bite-size pieces and coated with BBQ sauce for a sweet, spicy, smoky treat for your taste buds. Toast some buns, and then add your favorite toppings for a mouthwatering lunch or dinner.
You will Love This Brisket Sandwich Recipe:
Great Use of Leftovers! Who knew one of the best sandwiches came from repurposing leftovers? After a cookout, use leftover brisket for a whole new meal! Take that wrapped brisket out of the fridge and make magic happen!
Customizable! Make these sandwiches as simple or decadent as you would like by using different breads and toppings.
Easy! At a minimum, brisket takes 4 hours to cook. But when you are working with leftovers, these brisket sandwiches are ready in just 20 minutes.
What is brisket?
Brisket is a fatty cut of beef. It is the lower breast and pectoral muscles of the cow. It is best when cooked low and slow until tender. The meat is naturally moist and flavorful.
Ingredients you need:
- Brisket: Cooked and chopped. Check out my super popular Texas Style Smoked Brisket recipe.
- Hamburger buns or sandwich rolls: Potato bread and ciabatta rolls are great savory options. Use brioche buns or Hawaiian rolls if you prefer sweeter bread.
- BBQ sauce: Use your favorite barbecue sauce.
What goes on a brisket sandwich?
Here are some optional toppings:
- BBQ Sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
How to Make a Brisket Sandwich:
Cook and Chop Beef Brisket
If you have not yet prepared the brisket, season it with salt, black pepper, and any desired spices and seasonings (i.e., brown sugar, onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder) Slow-cook it in the oven or on the grill until the meat is tender enough to easily shred or chop. Allow the chopped or shredded beef to rest for a few minutes before proceeding.
Toss Brisket in BBQ Sauce
Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Then place the chopped or shredded brisket in the skillet and pour the BBQ sauce over it. Stir well in order to evenly coat the brisket with the sauce.
Cook the brisket for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until it is heated through and the sauce has caramelized slightly. This adds extra flavor.
Toast Sandwich Buns
While the brisket is cooking, split the hamburger buns or sandwich rolls and lightly toast them. You can do this in a separate skillet, on a grill, or in the toaster.
Assemble Brisket Sandwiches
Once the brisket is ready, remove it from the heat. Then take a generous amount of the brisket and pile it onto the bottom half of each bun.
Add your favorite toppings over the brisket, place the top bun on, and finally, ENJOY!
- If you are cooking the brisket fresh, allow the meat to rest for at least 15 minutes before shredding or slicing. This allows the meat to redistribute the juices, ensuring each piece is deliciously moist. Premature sliced brisket will be tough and dry.
- Toast the buns so the sandwich does not get soggy from the barbecue sauce.
- Make the brisket in advance to save yourself a significant amount of time.
Storing and Reheating:
Once it has cooled to room temperature, store leftover BBQ brisket in an airtight container (without the bread) in the fridge for up to 3 days. For longer storage, freeze the meat for up to 2 months.
To reheat, warm up leftovers on the stovetop over medium heat or in the microwave. Toast new hamburger buns and add toppings.
What goes good with brisket sandwich?
What part of the brisket is used for sandwiches?
The best cut of brisket to use for sandwiches is the point cut. This is the most tender and juicy portion of the meat. It is the fattier cut of meat, in comparison to the flat cut.
What kind of cheese is best on a brisket sandwich?
If you want to add cheese to your brisket sandwich, use a sharp cheese like cheddar or provolone.
More Beef Recipes to Try
- Reverse Sear Steak Recipe
- Steak Egg and Cheese Bagel - McDonald's Copycat
- Steak Fajita Bowl
- Carne Guisada Recipe (Mexican Beef Stew)
This brisket sandwich has tender chunks of chopped beef caramelized with BBQ sauce and slathered between buttery toasted buns. Use leftover brisket from a barbecue or holiday meal to whip up this easy beef brisket sandwich.
- 1 pound Brisket, cooked and chopped
- 4-6 Hamburger buns or sandwich rolls
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- BBQ Sauce
1. If you haven't cooked the brisket yet, season it with salt, pepper, and any desired spices. Slow-cook it in the oven or on a grill until it is tender and easily shredded or chopped. Let it rest for a few minutes before you proceed.
2. Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Now place the chopped or shredded brisket in the skillet and pour the BBQ sauce over it. Stir well to evenly coat the brisket with the sauce.
3. Cook the brisket for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until it is heated through and the sauce has caramelized slightly. This will enhance the flavor.
4. While the brisket is cooking, split the hamburger buns or sandwich rolls and lightly toast them. You can do this in a separate skillet, on a grill, or in the toaster.
5. Once the brisket is ready, remove it from the heat. Take a generous amount of the brisket and pile it onto the bottom half of each bun.
6. Add your favorite toppings over the brisket, place the top bun on, and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
WhiteRhino Glass Mixing Bowls with Lids Set of 3（4.5QT,2.7QT, 1.1QT), Large Kitchen Salad Bowls, Space-Saving Nesting Bowls, Round Glass Serving Bowls for Cooking,Baking,Prepping,Dishwasher Safe
BELLA 4 Slice Toaster, Quick & Even Results Every Time, Wide Slots Fit Any Size Bread Like Bagels or Texas Toast, Drop-Down Crumb Tray for Easy Clean Up, Stainless Steel
MOSFiATA 8" Super Sharp Professional Chef's Knife with Finger Guard and Knife Sharpener, German High Carbon Stainless Steel EN1.4116 with Micarta Handle and Gift Box
bamfitwell Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove
Silicone Spatulas for Nonstick Cookware, GEEKHOM 600F Heat Resistant Extra Large and Wide Flexible Spatulas Rubber Turners, Kitchen Cooking Utensils Set for Pancake, Eggs, Fish, Omelet(4 Pack, Black)
HexClad Residential 12-inch Fry Pan, Hybrid Stainless Steel/Non-Stick Tri-Ply
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 738Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 131mgSodium: 1124mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 3gSugar: 23gProtein: 43g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.