This Cheesy Ham and Croissant Casserole is a breakfast of croissants topped with ham, sausage, shredded cheese, and scrambled eggs. Then it is baked until it is golden brown and bubbly! There is more than enough to go around so serve this delicious casserole at your next brunch or holiday.
Table of contents
If you have ever wondered “What goes good on a croissant?”, then I have the answer! This Cheesy Ham and Croissant Casserole is a quick and easy breakfast or brunch recipe.
The croissants are parbaked then topped with ample ham and sausage, scrambled eggs, and finally shredded cheese. These buttery layers of your breakfast favorites will have you scooping seconds and thirds!
Make this once and I guarantee it will become a go-to dish for Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, showers, brunches, or just a lazy Sunday morning. You have never had a breakfast casserole baked to perfection like this!
Cheesy Ham and Croissant Casserole Ingredients
- Croissants: Use refrigerated dough and partially bake the croissants so it will soak up the egg mixture.
- Breakfast sausage: Precooked and crumbled
- Ham: Precooked and diced
- Eggs & Milk: Scrambled and combined with milk for a creamy finish
- Cheddar cheese: This is the best for a gooey, cheesy topping.
- Scallions: For garnish
Variations on Cheesy Ham and Croissant Casserole
Meat: This casserole is a great way to use up holiday leftovers. Since this recipe calls for premade meat, you could easily add leftover ham or turkey. Thick-cut bacon crumbles would be a delicious, savory way to add more pork.
Cheese: Swap out cheddar for any other variety of cheese you prefer. Mozzarella, Pepper Jack, Swiss, Colby Jack, or Gruyere would be great options.
Bread: Have some store-bought croissants? They can be tasty in this Cheesy Ham and Croissant Casserole recipe. Hawaiian rolls would be another great option. Brioche or French bread would work well too.
Meatless/Vegetarian: Make this dish vegetarian by taking out the meat. Much like a quiche or frittata, you can throw whatever vegetables you want into this casserole. Use whatever you have in your fridge... bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini... The possibilities are endless!
Spicy: If you want to up the heat, mix in your preferred hot sauce. A dash of cayenne pepper could go a long way.
Can this casserole be made ahead of time?
If you are making Cheesy Ham and Croissant Casserole for an event, make it ahead in order to save time the day of. Just layer it ahead of time, cover it and refrigerate it for up to 2 days.
When ready to serve, just heat it in the oven. Keep in mind that it may need to bake a bit longer if it is cold and fresh from the fridge.
How to Store Leftovers
Cheesy Ham and Croissant Casserole leftovers can last up to a week if stored in an air-tight container and refrigerated. Reheating in the oven is best but for smaller portions, you can microwave it.
- 1 can Croissants, refrigerated dough
- 1 cup Breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup Ham, chopped and cooked
- 6 whole Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Scallions, chopped for garnish
- ½ tablespoon Seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Unroll the croissant dough and place it in one single layer in a 9x13 baking dish. Use a fork to poke holes throughout the dough.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and par-bake the croissants for 7 minutes (the dough will not be cooked all the way through). Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Crack all six eggs in a medium bowl, pour the milk directly into the eggs. Beat the eggs with a fork or whisk until all of the yolks and egg whites are combined.
- Add all of the seasonings directly into the eggs, and mix until combined. Set this aside.
- Sprinkle the sausage and ham directly over the croissant in one even layer. Next, sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top of the meat.
- Pour the egg mixture directly over the top. Lift up the baking dish to help the egg move around until it is evenly distributed.
- Place the dish in the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Check the eggs to ensure they are cooked all the way though. Cook an additional five minutes if needed.
- Remove from the oven to allow it to cool for at least five minutes.
- Sprinkle the chopped green onions over the top (optional). Serve with your favorite hot sauce or salsa, and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 603Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 276mgSodium: 1470mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 28g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.