Garlic Parmesan Chicken Tenders are lightly breaded, fried to golden perfection, then tossed in garlic butter and sprinkled with parmesan. Skip the fast food and make these kid-approved tenders for dinner tonight!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Tenders are a grown-up version of classic tenders that the whole family can enjoy. It's popular with kids and adults alike!
It is the perfect crunch with a juicy, tender inside. In about thirty minutes, you'll have succulent, flavorful tenders that make for the perfect finger food.
Gather Ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Chicken Tenders:
- Chicken breasts: Easy to trim and prepare; healthier cut of chicken than tenderloins.
- All purpose flour: Coats the chicken in preparation for frying so it can be nice and crisp.
- Seasoning for the chicken: Seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and paprika (for a little added spice).
- Vegetable Oil: For frying the chicken.
- Garlic Parmesan Butter: Toss the fried tenders in this mixture for finger-licking results!
How are these tenders lightly breaded?
These chicken tenders are lightly breaded because they are not dredged in a wet batter prior to frying. Instead of dipping them in a buttermilk or egg mixture, they are simply coated in a seasoned flour, and fried. This creates a light and thin but VERY crunchy coating on the fried tenders.
How to Fry Chicken Tenders:
Firstly, add vegetable oil to a cast-iron skillet and heat over medium. While the oil is heating up, add the chicken strips to a large bowl and season. Use gloves or tongs to evenly coat the chicken with seasoning.
Then, in a separate bowl add the flour and seasoned salt. Mix thoroughly. Add the chicken strips into the flour one by one. Lay the coated strips out flat on a baking sheet or wax paper. Let them sit for at least 5 minutes.
Carefully place the chicken strips into the oil one at a time in ONE SINGLE LAYER. Avoid overcrowding the pan or your chicken will not be crispy. Fry them for 3 minutes and flip them over. Fry on the other side for an additional 3-5 minutes.
Remove them from the oil once they are cooked. Next place them on a paper towel-lined plate, or cooling rack to drain excess oil. The end result is perfectly crispy fried chicken tenders.
Garlic Parmesan Coating:
Elevate your chicken strips with a garlic parmesan coating. While the chicken is frying, add butter, garlic, and parsley to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments until the butter is melted.
Place the cooked chicken tenders in a large bowl. Then pour the butter mixture directly over them. Toss until they are evenly coated.
Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the tenders, toss until coated, and enjoy! It is that simple!
What to Serve with Garlic Parmesan Chicken Tenders:
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Tenders pair perfectly with a variety of sides. While they're great as a stand-alone snack or appetizer, why not make it a meal? Here are some ideas:
- Side salad and bread: Keep it light with this option.
- Potatoes: This Creamy Loaded Mashed Potatoes or these Cheesy Bacon Ranch Scalloped Potatoes are perfect.
- French fries: The kids (and the kid in you!) will LOVE this option. It's affordable and healthier than takeout!
- Starch and greens: Round out the meal with Southern Greens and Macaroni and Cheese.
- 3 cups Vegetable Oil, for frying
- 3 whole Chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Seasoned salt, for flour
- 1 stick Butter, unsalted
- 5 cloves Garlic, grated (or minced very fine)
- 1 tablespoon Parsley, fresh or dried
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
Seasoning for Chicken
- 1 ½ tablespoons Seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- Add the oil to a cast iron skillet and heat over medium.
- While the oil is heating up, add the chicken strips to a large bowl. Sprinkle all of the seasonings over the chicken strips. Using gloved hands, or tongs, mix the chicken around to ensure it is evenly coated in the seasoning. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour and seasoned salt and mix until it is combined.
- Add the chicken strips into the flour one at a time and turn to coat evenly with the flour. Press the flour into each strip.
- Lay the coated strips out flat on a baking sheet or wax paper. Let them sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Carefully place the chicken strips into the oil one at a time in ONE SINGLE LAYER. Do not over crowd the pan.
- Fry them for 3 minutes and flip them over. Fry on the other side an additional 3-5 minutes (depending on desired crispiness, as the chicken will be cooked through).
- After they are cooked through, remove them from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate, or cooling rack to drain excess oil.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the butter, garlic, and parsley to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until the butter is melted.
- Place the cooked chicken tenders in a large bowl, pour the butter mixture directly over them and toss around until they are coated evenly.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the tenders and toss until coated, and enjoy!
These tenders are very lightly breaded, so the layer of breading is thin and crispy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 547Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 68mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 15g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.