The best Mango Salsa Recipe is made with ripe mangos and spicy jalapenos for the perfect balance of savory, sweet, and spicy in each bite! This versatile condiment is the perfect dip or topping and is super easy to make.
If you are searching for more salsa recipes then you have come to the right place. Try my green Taqueria Style Creamy Jalapeno Salsa next and the smoky Chipotle Salsa after that!
Mango is in season from May through September so now is the perfect time to try out your mango recipes! With plenty of ripe, juicy mangos in abundance, why not throw some in a salsa?
Table of contents
This easy mango salsa is the perfect summer dip, sauce, or side dish. Mangos give this salsa a refreshing sweetness, while the jalapeno offers the perfect spice and savory flavor!
Ingredients for the Mango Salsa Recipe:
You are just a few fresh ingredients away from Mango Salsa! What I love most is how easy it is to pack salsa with healthy inclusions like fruits, vegetables, and herbs.
It is a sneaky yet delicious way to make sure you (and the kids) are getting some much-needed nutrients.
- Mangos: Peel and dice ripe mangos.
- Limes: Use fresh lime juice instead of the bottled stuff for a delicious tangy taste. It will taste so much better!
- Red onion: These add a sharp, savory flavor.
- Red bell pepper: I prefer red because they are sweeter than other bell peppers but any variety will do. It adds a nice crunch too!
- Jalapenos: Dice them up then remove the stems and seeds.
- Cilantro: Use less or more, depending on your taste.
- Salt & Black Pepper: Season to taste.
How to Make Salsa with Mango:
First you will need to give your fruit and vegetables a fine dice. Dice the mango into small chunks. Then dice the onion and peppers into small pieces.
Simply add all ingredients to a bowl then mix gently. Do so in order to maintain the shape of the mangos and not crush them.
Mix in the seasonings. Use right away, or cover and store for later.
Here are some helpful tips to perfect your homemade mango salsa recipe:
- For extra mango flavor, squeeze out the remaining juice from the pit.
- You want ripe fruit but ensure the mango is not too ripe. If you are grabbing mango from the store the day you plan to prepare, then make sure it is slightly firm.
- If you have mangos that are perfectly ripe but you do not plan to make the salsa immediately, refrigerate them to slow down the ripening processing.
- A fun way to use leftover mango salsa is to puree it! It makes for an excellent sauce on fish or chicken.
Variations for the mango salsa:
Fruity: For another fresh, fruity spin on traditional salsa, try other fruits. I suggest pineapples or peaches. Or consider using two fruits in one salsa. Pineapple mango salsa sounds absolutely delicious!
Spicy: Adjust the jalapeno (add more or less), depending on how spicy you want it. For an extra kick, throw in some habaneros instead.
Additions: Have some produce in the fridge you would like to use up? Add them to your salsa! Tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados, and corn would be great additions. Black beans would be yummy too.
What do you eat with Mango Salsa?
Mango Salsa goes great with so many dishes! Here are some ideas:
- A tropical side for grilled or seared fish like Mahi Mahi or Salmon.
- A tasty topping for tacos like these Homemade Chalupas.
- A snack with tortilla chips.
- Yummy addition to stuffed peppers.
- Eat it solo by the spoonful!
Mango salsa for fish is definitely top tier! Try topping your salmon with it. Even better, make some homemade tortilla chips by cutting up some corn tortillas and frying them.
Store any leftover salsa in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Try to use it within a day or two. Since it contains so many fresh ingredients, it may start to get mushy after that.
Can you freeze Mango Salsa?
You can freeze salsa for up to 2 months in a freezer-safe container. Just let it thaw out in the fridge for 12 hours before use. After it thaws, it may be a bit watery because of the defrost process.
Can I use canned mangoes to make salsa?
No, it is best to use all fresh ingredients to achieve the best flavor.
Is mango salsa spicy?
It is not overly spicy. Removing the seeds and veins from the jalapenos takes out a lot of the spiciness. Even more, the sweetness of the mangos really tames the spicy jalapenos.
Why is my salsa watery?
Mangoes have a lot of water in them. So after the salsa sits for a bit, that water may settle in the salsa. Simply drain any unwanted liquid off of the salsa.
The Best Mango Salsa Recipe
The best Mango Salsa Recipe is made with ripe mangos and spicy jalapenos for the perfect balance of savory, sweet, and spicy in each bite! This versatile sauce is the perfect dip or topping and is super easy to make.
- 2 Mangos, peeled and diced
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- ½ small Red onion, diced
- ½ Red bell pepper , diced
- 2 Jalapenos, diced, stems and seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro, chopped
Seasoning (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Peel the mango and dice the flesh into about ¼ inch cubes. Next dice the bell pepper, jalapeno, and red onion.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix gently- as to not crush the mangos. Squeeze the lime into the bowl.
- Season with the salt and pepper, adjust to taste.
- Use right away, or cover and store for up to one week.
Add more or less jalapenos depending on the level of spice you want to achieve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
ZYLISS 3-in-1 Mango Slicer, Peeler and Pit Remover Tool,White/Gray
Fullstar Vegetable Chopper - Spiralizer Vegetable Slicer - Onion Chopper with Container - Pro Food Chopper - Black Slicer Dicer Cutter - 7 Blades
Zulay Metal 2-In-1 Lemon Lime Squeezer - Hand Juicer Lemon Squeezer - Max Extraction Manual Citrus Juicer
Wood Cutting Board Set - Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove - Kitchen Chopping Board for Meat (Butcher Block) Cheese and Vegetables | Heavy Duty Serving Tray w/Handles (3)
imarku Chef Knife - Pro Kitchen Knife 8 Inch Chef's Knives
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece Set, Nesting, Microwave and Dishwasher Safe)
Serving Size:4 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 267mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 24gProtein: 2g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.
BE SURE TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK WHEN YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE! I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATION, AND GIVE YOU A SHOUTOUT!
Leave a Reply