Buffalo Chicken Meatballs take the traditional meatball to a whole new level when tossed with a zesty, spicy homemade buffalo sauce. Enjoy them as an appetizer with your favorite dip or use them for easy meal prep.
For more delicious meatball recipes, try these Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs, Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs, and easy homemade Swedish Meatballs next.
- Why We Love These Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Recipe:
- Ingredients you need:
- How to Make Buffalo Chicken Meatballs:
- Pro-Tips for the Best Buffalo Chicken Meatballs:
- Storing and Reheating:
- Perfect for meal prep
- More Delicious Recipes to Try
- 📖 Recipe
- Be sure to tag me on Instagram or Facebook when you make this Buffalo Chicken Meatball recipe! I would love to see your creation, and give you a shoutout!
Buffalo sauce is for more than buffalo wings and meatballs should not be limited to spaghetti! For the perfect game day appetizer, look no further than this bold blend of two favorites.
Buffalo chicken meatballs are spicy, savory finger food that you can prepare in the same amount of time it takes to gobble them up. So be prepared to devour the best buffalo chicken meatballs ever!
Why We Love These Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Recipe:
A Healthier Alternative! Ground chicken is an excellent alternative to beef. It is leaner, but also just as flavorful.
Super Simple Meal Prep! Freeze them until you need them.
Perfect For Potlucks and Parties! They are as easy to prepare as they are to share. Serve them on a platter during any celebration, whether it is a birthday or holiday.
Ingredients you need:
- Ground chicken: Chicken tastes lighter than ground beef or pork so it's ideal for a saucy recipe like this one. Use ground turkey as an alternative.
- Bread crumbs: This helps bind the ingredients and retain moisture for juicy chicken meatballs.
- Green onions: Chopped.
- Hot sauce: Use your favorite hot sauce.
- Garlic: Minced.
- Seasoning: Use seasoned salt, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Olive oil: Use this to pan fry the meatballs. Vegetable oil will work too.
- Blue cheese crumbles/ Ranch dressing: To serve alongside buffalo chicken meatballs.
- Hot sauce: For a kick of heat.
- Butter: This adds a mouthwatering quality and a velvet smooth texture.
- Garlic powder: This adds a savory taste.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Meatballs:
Combine the ground chicken, bread crumbs, green onions, hot sauce, minced garlic, and seasonings in a large mixing bowl. With either a spoon or gloved hands, mix until everything is thoroughly combined.
With clean hands, roll the meatball mixture into 1-inch meatballs and place them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
Pan Sear Ground Chicken Meatballs
Heat up a skillet over medium high heat and then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Carefully place the meatballs into the hot skillet in one single layer.
Pan sear the meatballs on each side until they are golden brown on all sides. Total cooking time should be at least 10 minutes to ensure the meatballs are cooked through and internal temperature reaches 350°F.
Once the meatballs are done, remove them from the pan and set them aside.
Prepare the Buffalo Sauce
Use the same skillet to prepare the buffalo sauce, mixing the hot sauce, butter, and garlic powder. Simmer for about one minute until the sauce is combined.
Coat Meatballs with Buffalo Sauce
Now gently add the meatballs back into the skillet with the sauce, and toss them until they are fully coated.
Finally, sprinkle crumbled blue cheese over the meatballs and serve them with a side of buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and blue cheese dressing if desired.
Pro-Tips for the Best Buffalo Chicken Meatballs:
- Do not skip the breadcrumbs. They ensure the meatballs remain tender and not rubbery.
- Mix the ground chicken mixture just until combined or the meatballs will be too tough.
- For meatballs that are the same size, use an ice cream scoop.
- Do not cook over high heat to accelerate the meatballs. They need to cook on a lower heat so they stay nice and juicy.
- To make ahead and freeze, form the meatballs then place them on a baking sheet and freeze until solid. Then transfer them to a freezer bag. You can cook them from frozen by adding about 10 minutes to the cooking time.
Storing and Reheating:
When storing leftovers, use an airtight container and place them in the fridge for up to 3-5 days. For longer storage, freeze them for up to 3 months.
Thaw frozen meatballs overnight in the fridge. Reheat in a pan on the stovetop, in a slow cooker on low, or in the microwave.
Perfect for meal prep
These meatballs covered in a zesty hot sauce are the perfect protein to add to your meal prep. Place the chicken meatballs in an airtight container and eat them alongside roasted vegetables, potatoes, or even rice for a well-balanced meal.
How do you keep chicken meatballs from falling apart?
If breadcrumbs are not securing your meatballs, you can include a well-beaten egg to do the trick. Works like a charm!
Why do you chill meatballs before cooking?
This is an optional step that helps solidify the shape of the meatballs before they are cooked. This helps to prevent the meatballs from falling apart.
What to serve with Buffalo Chicken Meatballs?
You can serve meatballs with assorted veggies like carrots and celery sticks as an appetizer. Alternatively, add them to a roll to make a buffalo chicken sub sandwich. You can also add them to your favorite pasta.
More Delicious Recipes to Try
- Best Grilled Chicken Wings
- Baked Chicken Legs
- Copycat PF Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Smothered Chicken with Grits
Super Delicious Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Buffalo chicken meatballs take the traditional meatball to a whole new level when tossed with a zesty, spicy homemade buffalo sauce. Enjoy them as an appetizer with your favorite dip or use them for easy meal prep.
- 1 pound Ground chicken
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup chopped Green Onions
- 1 tablespoon Hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil (to pan fry)
- Blue cheese crumbles (to serve)
- Ranch dressing (to serve
- ¼ cup Hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground chicken, bread crumbs, green onions, hot sauce, minced garlic, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Use a spoon or gloved hands to mix it up until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Roll the mixture into 1-inch meatballs and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Heat up a skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Gently add the meatballs into the skillet in one single layer.
- Pan sear the meatballs on each side until they are golden brown on all sides. Total cooking time should be at least 10 minutes to ensure the meatballs are cooked through and internal temperature reaches 350°F.
- After the meatballs are cooked through, remove them from the pan and set them aside.
- Now prepare the buffalo sauce in the same skillet by adding the hot sauce, butter, and garlic powder. Simmer for about one minute until the sauce is combined.
- Gently add the meatballs back into the skillet with the sauce, and toss around until they are fully coated.
- Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese over the meatballs and serve them with a side of the buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and blue cheese dressing if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sweet Baby Rays Marinade and Sauce, Buffalo Wing, 16 oz
Lifewit Serving Tray Plastic for Party, 15" x 10" Platters for Serving Food, White Food Tray for Snacks, Food, Cookies, Set of 3, BPA Free
Wood Cutting Board Set - Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove - Kitchen Chopping Board for Meat (Butcher Block) Cheese and Vegetables | Heavy Duty Serving Tray w/Handles (3)
WhiteRhino Glass Mixing Bowls with Lids Set of 3（4.5QT,2.7QT, 1.1QT), Large Kitchen Salad Bowls, Space-Saving Nesting Bowls, Round Glass Serving Bowls for Cooking,Baking,Prepping,Dishwasher Safe
Professional Kitchen Knives High Carbon Stainless Steel Chef Knife Set,3PCS Ultra Sharp Japanese Knife with Sheath,Ergonomic Pakkawood Handle Elegant Gift Box for Home or Restaurant
SENSARTE 12 Inch Nonstick Deep Frying Pan,5 Qt Non Stick Saute Pan with Lid,Large Skillet Pan,NonStick Jumbo Cooker,Cooking Pan Chefs Pan Cookware for All Stove Tops,Induction Compatible,PFOA Free
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 584mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.
Leave a Reply