Loaded Breakfast Burritos stuffed with cheesy hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and much more. Seasoned to perfection, and grilled. Perfect for grab-and-go breakfast for any day.
These loaded breakfast burritos are something special in this household! With the kids going back to school recently, it has been a struggle to get back into our everyday routine. This year all of the kids go to a different school, on different sides of town.
Does that not sound like a wonderful time, or what!? Fortunately for us, the bus runs for a couple of them. Although they can hop on the bus, it still means very early wake-ups, and lots of hustling and bustling in the morning.
With that being said, these loaded burritos are a lifesaver indeed! Make them ahead of time, eat a couple right away, and freeze the rest. Once the kids are ready to head out, they simply grab a burrito, warm it up, and go! We are all about simple and easy over here, so these are perfect.
How to make the loaded breakfast burritos:
Gather all of your ingredients:
- large flour tortillas
- breakfast sausage
- bell pepper
- potatoes for hashbrowns
For the hashbrowns:
Peel the potatoes and wash thoroughly. Shred them with a handheld shredder, or a machine if you own one.
Add 1/2 cup oil to a nonstick skillet and begin cooking the shredded potatoes. Season the potatoes prior to flipping them over.
Cook in one even layer for about 5 minutes, then flip to the other side. Continue cooking process until they are golden brown and tender.
For the other fillings:
To cook the bacon in the oven (which I prefer), place the cooling/baking rack over a baking sheet and lay the bacon out flat. Place in the oven that is already preheated to 350 degrees.
Next, begin browning the breakfast sausage. Add the diced bell pepper to the sausage so they can cook simultaneously.
Break the sausage up into small pieces as it cooks. Once it is cooked thoroughly, set aside on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess grease.
Begin to scramble your eggs in a bowl, scramble thoroughly to break the yolk and incorporate as much air as possible. The more air that gets incorporated during the whipping/ scrambling process, the more light and fluffy they are when they are cooked. Cook the eggs in a non-stick skillet until done.
Remove the cooked bacon from the oven and let it cool. Once the bacon is cooled, crumble it and set aside.
It is time to build the loaded breakfast burritos! Start with sprinkling a small handful of cheese into the center of the tortilla. After that, layer the additional ingredients on top- use your best judgement to ensure there are enough for all of the tortillas.
Wrap the tortillas by folding one edge toward the center, then fold the outer edges towards the middle and begin wrapping. Grab the filling and roll as tightly as possible until the burrito is closed.
Once all of the burritos are rolled, heat 1/2 cup vegetable oil in a clean skillet. Place the burritos in the oil SEAM SIDE DOWN. Cook the burritos for 2-3 minutes per side until they are golden brown.
Remove them from the pan and enjoy immediately with your favorite salsa. If you would prefer to store them, place them in a freezer bag and freeze up to a month.
How do you reheat the burritos?
When you are ready to eat a frozen burrito, remove one from the freezer bag, wrap it in a moist paper towel and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Microwave times may vary depending on individual settings.
- 8 large Flour tortillas
- 4 Eggs, scrambled
- 5 pieces Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup Breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 4 Potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, Shredded
- 1 Bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
Seasoning (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Seasoning salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- Add 1/2 cup vegetable oil to a skillet. Season potatoes in a large bowl, place shredded potatoes in the hot oil and cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Cook bacon and crumble, then set aside. Add diced bell pepper to the breakfast sausage as it is cooking. After thoroughly cooked, set aside.
- Scramble eggs and set aside.
- Add the other 1/2 cup vegetable oil to a clean skillet over medium heat.
- Begin assembling burritos, place a small handful of cheese in the center of the tortilla, layer with hashbrown potatoes, eggs, sausage, and bacon.
- Fold one side of the tortilla to the center, then fold the 2 opposite sides towards the middle, and roll the tortilla with the stuffing as tight as possible until closed.
- Place burritos in the skillet with hot oil- seam side down. Grill on each side until golden brown, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and let cool. Enjoy immediately, or place in a freezer bag and freeze up to 4 weeks.
To reheat frozen burritos, remove from freezer, wrap in a moist paper towel and microwave on high for 3 minutes (times may vary depending on microwave settings).
PRODUCTS USED FOR THIS RECIPE:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small commission for my referral at NO extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Razzle Dazzle Life!
PLEASE REPIN THIS RECIPE TO SAVE AND SHARE WITH FRIENDS!