Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are layers of shredded chicken, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and hot sauce between crispy tortillas. This buffalo-style spin on a classic quesadilla is super easy and tasty!
Table of contents
When I need a fast, no-fuss weeknight dinner for the kids, Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are a go-to recipe. You have seen the ooey gooey quesadilla cheese pulls on TikTok, now get ready to enjoy it at home!
Crisp, golden-brown flour tortillas filled with the bold flavors of buffalo sauce, cheese, and chicken is a winning combination for even the pickiest of eaters! With easy prep and simple ingredients, it is the best and quickest way to please my family of six.
Gather your ingredients:
This Tex Mex treat combines the taste of spicy, tangy buffalo wings with the cheesy flavor of quesadillas. And it takes just a few ingredients!
- Chicken: Use shredded, pre-cooked chicken. You can use leftover rotisserie chicken in order to save time but any chicken you have in the fridge is fine.
- Cream cheese: Make sure it is at room temperature for easy mixing.
- Buffalo sauce: You can purchase a great-tasting pre-made buffalo sauce or make one from scratch by combining equal parts hot sauce and melted butter. Be mindful of your desired spice level when purchasing or making your sauce.
- Seasoned salt: This all-encompassing seasoning is super convenient and adds more flavor without distracting from the buffalo sauce.
- Butter: This is used to grill the quesadillas.
- Tortillas: Large flour tortillas work best so you can stuff more yummy goodness inside but corn tortillas are equally as delicious... just smaller.
- Cheese: For an extra cheesy buffalo chicken quesadilla, I used mozzarella but any shredded, melty cheese will work. Cheddar cheese, Mexican cheese blend, or Monterey jack cheese would be good options too.
How to Make the Quesadillas:
Using a large bowl, add the shredded chicken, softened cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and seasoned salt. Use a spoon to mix it up until everything is combined.
Then heat a skillet over medium heat. Add one tablespoon of butter to the skillet and let it melt. Place one large tortilla directly into the butter.
Next sprinkle ½ cup of the mozzarella cheese on one half of the tortilla. Top with ½ of the buffalo chicken mixture and spread it out into an even layer over the half of the tortilla.
Then add another ½ cup of mozzarella directly over the chicken. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the chicken and cheese mixture.
Grill and flip to each side for 3-5 minutes, or until the tortilla is browned and the cheese melts.
Continue these steps until all quesadillas are made.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
Serve it with...
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are super filling on their own but here are some things that compliment it.
- Sauce: Dip sliced quesadillas into sour cream, guacamole, blue cheese dressing, ranch dressing, or even additional buffalo wing sauce!
- Veggies: Fresh carrots or celery would go well with dipping.
- Fries: The kids will love this combination.
- BBQ sauce: Instead of buffalo sauce, maybe you want to try barbecue.
- Veggies: This is a sneaky way to add some extra nutrients for the kids (and adults!). Include any kind you like. I suggest adding spinach, corn, or zucchini to the chicken mixture. Beans and cilantro would taste great too.
- Cut your prep time in half by making the mixture ahead of time. When you are ready to make quesadillas just take it out of the fridge, scoop it into a tortilla and fry it up!
- Although we are using large tortillas, be sure not to overfill the quesadillas. Otherwise, things could get messy and you will not have that crisp texture we love. Soggy tortillas are a big no-no!
Storing Leftover Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
If you get lucky enough to have leftovers, store them in an airtight container or Ziploc bag and place them in the refrigerator. Eat them within three days. When you are ready to reheat, use the microwave or warm them up in a pan over medium heat.
- 2 cups Chicken, shredded
- ½ block Cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup Buffalo sauce, (see notes below)
- ½ tablespoon Seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons Butter, (to grill quesadillas)
- 2 large Tortillas
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Using a large bowl, add the shredded chicken, softened cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and seasoned salt. Use a spoon and mix it up until everything is combined.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add one tablespoon of butter to the skillet and let it melt. Place one large tortilla directly into the butter.
- Next add ½ cup of the mozzarella cheese on one half of the tortilla. Top with ½ of the buffalo chicken mixture and spread it out into an even layer over the half of tortilla.
- Then add another ½ cup of mozzarella directly over the chicken. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the chicken and cheese mixture.
- Grill on each side for 3-5 minutes, or until the tortilla is browned and the cheese is melted.
- Continue these steps until all quesadillas are made.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
You can purchase a great tasting pre-made buffalo sauce or make one from scratch by combining equal parts hot sauce and melted butter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sweet Baby Ray's Dipping Sauce, Creamy Buffalo, 14 OZ
Zulay Kitchen Premium Wooden Utensils For Cooking - 6 Pc Set Non-Stick Soft Comfortable Grip Wooden Cooking Utensils - Smooth Finish Teak Wooden Spoon Sets For Cooking
RJUN Kitchen Chef's Knives 8 Inches Ergonomic Juglans Regia Wood Handle German High Carbon Stainless Steel Knife and Gift Box
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece Set, Nesting, Microwave and Dishwasher Safe)
KitchenVIA Wide Spatula Turner, Heat-Resistant Handle, Beveled Edge
OXO Good Grips Pro Hard Anodized PFOA-Free Nonstick 11" Griddle Pan, Dishwasher Safe, Oven Safe, Stainless Steel Handle, Black
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 928Total Fat: 60gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 253mgSodium: 3793mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 62g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.