Switch-up your average cheeseburger with these Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadillas! They are super delicious, made with ground beef, cheddar cheese, all nestled into a golden brown tortilla.
Table of contents
Dinnertime does not have to be a chore! These bacon cheeseburger quesadillas are made in just under 30 minutes, and are sure to please everyone.
This is our spin on the cheeseburger quesadilla from Applebee's! One of the only things I have ever eaten while visiting that restaurant!
Ingredients needed for the bacon cheeseburger quesadillas:
One of the best things about these quesadillas is that you most likely have all of the ingredients on-hand! That is another reason why they are a great dinner idea for any busy weeknight. Here is what you need to get started:
- Ground beef
- Large tortillas
Can I use ground turkey instead of beef?
Yes you can definitely substitute the ground beef for ground turkey instead. It is important to keep in mind that ground turkey has a tendency to dry out. To prevent the meat from being overly dry you can add a bit of olive oil to the skillet while it is cooking.
What to serve with the cheeseburger quesadillas:
Serve these quesadillas with your typical cheeseburger toppings. We ate ours with some chopped tomatoes, sliced pickles, and shredded lettuce.
Additionally, use ketchup and mustard as your condiments to dip, or you can make your own special sauce!
Other kinds of cheese to use:
Use your favorite kind of cheese, or whichever kind of cheese you have in your refrigerator! Cheddar cheese is definitely our favorite with cheeseburgers, but if you do not have it feel free to substitute.
Monterrey jack is another cheese that melts really well and has a mild flavor. If you are a fan of spice, pepper jack cheese would be another delicious alternative to cheddar.
Making the cheeseburger quesadillas ahead of time:
You can certainly make these quesadillas ahead of time. Cook the ground beef as directed, and set it aside to cool. Once it has cooled you can either place it in a container and store it in the fridge until you are ready, or use it to assemble the quesadillas.
When you are ready to make the bacon cheeseburger quesadillas, remove the meat from the refrigerator and begin layering the meat and cheese on the tortillas. Cook them in a griddle until the cheese is melted, and the tortillas are golden brown on both sides.
How to store and reheat leftovers:
If you happen to have leftovers (I would be surprised), you can place them in a large Ziploc bag, or air tight container. Place them in the refrigerator for up to three days.
When you are ready to reheat and eat them, put them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. You can also place them in the air fryer on the "reheat" function for 2-3 minutes.
- 1 pound Ground beef
- ½ cup Onion diced
- ½ tablespoon Seasoned salt
- ½ tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ten inch Flour tortillas
- 1-2 tablespoons Butter, to brown quesadillas
- Pickle slices
- Shredded lettuce
- Heat a skillet over medium heat on the stove. Add the ground beef into the skillet to cook. Use a spoon or spatula to break up the meat into crumbles.
- Cook the ground beef for about 10 minutes, or until it is all browned and no more pink is visible. Drain any excess grease that may be in the skillet.
- Add the onions directly into the skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle in all of the seasonings and the Worcestershire sauce. Stir it all until it is fully combined.
- Turn the heat down to low and add one cup of the shredded cheese into ground beef mixture. Stir it up until the cheese is melted. Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
- Heat up a flat griddle over medium to make the quesadillas. Place about one tablespoon of butter directly onto the griddle and let it melt.
- Place one tortilla on the griddle, add about ½ cup of the shredded cheese, then top it with the cheeseburger mixture, and add another ½ cup of shredded cheese. Place another tortilla directly over the top and press down.
- Cook the quesadilla for about 1-2 minutes, or until the tortilla starts to turn golden brown, then flip it over and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Once both sides are golden brown and the cheese is melted, remove the quesadilla from the griddle and continue this process until all of the quesadillas are made.
- Serve with your favorite condiments!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Silicone Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set, EAGMAK 14PCS Stainless Steel Silicone Kitchen Utensils Spatula Set with Stand for Nonstick Cookware, BPA Free Non-Toxic Silicone Cooking Utensils (Black)
Professional Box Grater, Stainless Steel with 4 Sides, Best for Parmesan Cheese, Vegetables, Ginger, XL Size, Black
imarku Chef Knife - Pro Kitchen Knife 8 Inch Chef's Knives
bamfitwell Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove
Circulon 14" Helper Handle Hard Anodized Aluminum Skillet, Inch, Oyster Gray
BELLA XL Electric Ceramic Titanium Griddle, Make 10 Eggs At Once, Healthy-Eco Non-stick Coating, Hassle-Free Clean Up, Large Submersible Cooking Surface, 12" x 22", Copper/Black
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 597Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 39gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 440mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 70g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.