Amazing homemade guacamole that's super easy to make, but has all of the authentic flavors of Mexico. Great for tacos, nachos, or just as an appetizer.
It's only right to roll out this AMAZING homemade guacamole! This guacamole is perfect because of the robust flavors of the cilantro, the hint of spice from the jalapeno, and my favorite addition, the garlic powder!
It is super simple to make, and is the greatest addition to taco night, nachos, or even just a dip for some warm tortilla chips. The best part about guacamole is that it is a very healthy and delicious treat.
Do you know a trick to selecting a perfectly ripe avocado?
Take off the little brown stub at the tip of the avocado. If it is green underneath that "stub," the avocado is ripe. Sometimes you will see brown under there, that means the avocado will go bad a lot quicker because it is too ripe.
Amazing homemade guacamole could not be any easier to make. Get the ripe avocados, mash them to desired texture, and add in your additional veggies and seasoning.
This amazing homemade guacamole recipe is loaded with flavors of traditional Mexican guacamole. Ripe avocados and other ingredients create the perfect chunky guacamole for tacos, toast, or just a dip.
- 3 ripe Avocados, mashed
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, diced
- ¼ cup Cilantro, chopped
- ¼ Red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lime juice
Seasoning (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- Use a knife to cut avocado in half lengthwise. Cut all the way to the seed. Pull the two halves apart and remove the large seed.
- Next, score the avocado into large chunks using a knife (see photo). Using a spoon, remove the avocado chunks from the skin and put them in a large bowl
- Using a fork, mash avocado to desired consistency. Once avocado is mashed, add the onions, cilantro, jalapeno, and seasoning and mix well.
- Now add the tomato and cilantro and gently stir it to combine- try not to crush the tomato!
- Use right away, or cover and refrigerate for 3-5 days.
Use as much or as little of the jalapeno as you like, depending on how spicy you like it!
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 362mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 7gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.
PRODUCTS USED FOR THIS RECIPE:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small commission for my referral at NO extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Razzle Dazzle Life!
I would love to see your creation, and give you a shoutout!