This squash and tomato bake is the perfect side dish for any meal. Great way to use summertime harvest of zucchini, tomatoes, and yellow squash.
This squash and tomato bake dish came about because of the plethora of zucchini and yellow squash I had on hand. If you know like I know, zucchini and yellow squash do not have a very long shelf life. So, it was time to use it up before it went bad.
With squash on hand, tomatoes, and onion- a delicious side dish was created! I must admit, I was a little skeptical at first of getting the families opinion on the dish.
The greatest compliment is when all the food is gone once dinner is over!
The squash & tomato bake was surprisingly very easy to make. One of my favorite favorite FAVORITE kitchen gadgets is my Veggie Bullet. This machine is absolutely legendary! It spiralizer, slices, and shreds any vegetables or fruits.
I definitely pulled that nifty little gadget out for this dish. Don’t worry though, if you don’t have a Veggie Bullet, simply slice the zucchini, squash, and tomatoes by hand. Try to get them as thin as possible to help them tenderize better.
Here are the steps to create the Squash & Tomato Bake:
Wash your vegetables. Use your veggie bullet to slice the zucchini, and yellow squash. I cut the tomato and onion by hand.
Once they are all sliced, add olive oil and seasoning to coat veggies well. Begin stacking veggies in rows in an 8×4 baking dish. Alter zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes and onions and stack tightly in the dish.
Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the dish, and cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove foil and bake additional 5-10 minutes to get a golden brown texture on the top. Add more parmesan cheese if you desire.
- 1 medium Zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium Yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 2 roma Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium Onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, to sprinkle on top
Seasoning (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Oregano
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- After all vegetables are sliced, toss them with all seasonings and olive oil, be sure to coat them all evenly.
- In a small baking dish (8x4"), begin stacking squashe, tomatoes, and onions into two even rows. Tightly pack veggies to fill up pan.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top- reserving a bit for after it's cooked.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 mins, or until veggies are tender. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
Products Used for this dish:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small commission for my referral at NO extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Razzle Dazzle Life!
PLEASE REPIN THIS POST TO SAVE AND SHARE WITH FRIENDS!