Loaded Jalapeno Poppers stuffed with a creamy cheese mixture and wrapped in bacon. Perfect dish to bring to your next cookout, or enjoy as an appetizer.
These loaded jalapeno poppers were so fun to make, and even more fun to eat! Our household LOVES spicy food, so it was only fitting to master the jalapeno popper. Jalapenos are such a versatile vegetable, and surprisingly, they really aren’t that spicy. So if you’re not a fan of spice, no need to worry.
The process of assembling the Jalapeno Poppers:
Part of the process of making these jalapeno poppers is to remove the stems and veins from the jalapeno. The veins of the jalapeno are actually the most spicy part. Once this part is removed, the jalapeno is much more mild, especially once they’re cooked.
Cream cheese, and shredded cheddar cheese, along with chopped green onions and a savory Cajun spice give add to the “loaded” component of these jalapeno poppers.
After the stems and seeds are removed, begin spooning the cream cheese mixture into each hollowed out jalapeno.
Next, cut the strips of bacon in half- you can leave them whole, but it only takes half a piece to wrap all the way around.
Finally, wrap the bacon around each half of jalapeno. Wrap it seam side down, so that you can tuck it underneath. That bacon wrapped around it helps hold everything together, and adds the delicious smoky, salty flavor.
What do I do if the filling starts to come out:
This is why the “wrapping” part is super important. It is vital to wrap the bacon around the peppers as tight as possible, and tuck the ends underneath. Once they’re wrapped tightly, you shouldn’t have any issue with the filling coming out.
How to cook loaded jalapeno poppers without a grill:
I have made these poppers in the oven numerous times, they turn out just as delicious. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place the loaded jalapenos on a non-stick baking dish, and place them in the oven. Cook for 10 minutes, and flip them over and cook an additional 7-10 minutes.
Summer cookouts and barbecues leave us at a frenzy trying to figure out what to bring. Theses jalapeno poppers have been a hit at every cookout we’ve brought them to. Most of the time, we start with about 12-15, and end up with about 8-10 because you can’t resist eating them straight out of the oven! We love to grill ours over here, that added smoky flavor really sets them off.
Give them a try and let me know what you think!
- 6 Japenos , cut in half lengthwise, seeds and veins removed
- 8 ounces Cream cheese
- 1 cup Shredded cheese
- 6 slices Bacon, cut in half
- 1/2 cup Green onion, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
- Thoroughly wash peppers. Cut the stems off each one and cut in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and veins from each half.
- Combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, and green onions in a large bowl. Add seasonings and mix well.
- Spoon cheese mixture into each jalapeño half until full, but careful not to overfill
- Wrap each jalapeño half with bacon, tucking corners into each other so that they do not come loose.
- Cook in the oven on 350° for 20 mins or until bacon is cooked through.
Grilling works great for this recipe too!