Creamy Spinach Jalapeno and Artichoke dip made with creamy cheese’s, and baked to perfection. A great appetizer and snack for any day of the week.
Any get-together, or even dinner, is made better with a delicious appetizer! When we venture out to our favorite restaurants, we are thrilled to order a good spinach dip. Considering how much I personally adore spicy food, it was a no-brainer that I throw in some jalapenos to this already amazing dip!
What is Spinach Jalapeno and Artichoke dip made of?
Aside from the obvious ingredients, the base of the dip is simply cream cheese and mayo! Sounds very indulgent, I know, but it turns out to be a beautiful mesh of flavors! Other key ingredients are the Parmesan and Monterrey jack cheeses. These cheeses help attribute to the creaminess of the dip.
What if I don’t like spicy food?
If you are not a fan of spice, you can definitely omit the jalapenos, or use a very mild version. Using a mild version is definitely recommended because the jalapenos add a nice level of tanginess that this dip needs. It is the tanginess from the artichoke hearts and jalapenos that help balance out the creaminess from the cheeses.
Even more, this dip does not turn out to be that spicy at all. With the addition of the cheeses, the jalapenos are tamed out quite a bit. Instead of super spicy, you get a delicious balance of texture.
Does this dip freeze well?
Most certainly! If you make too much, or want to prep and freeze for later, it’s simple. One key instruction though, is to use an aluminum foil baking dish versus glass or metal. Prepare the spinach jalapeno and artichoke dip according to the instructions. Cover the aluminum dish with the lid provided, or with a heavy duty aluminum foil. Freeze the dip for up to 3 months.
How do I reheat spinach dip?
After the dip has been prepared, it can be reheated in a microwave at 20-30 second intervals until heated through. Another way to reheat is by placing the dip in an oven-safe dish at 350 degrees. Heat in the oven for 15-30 minutes until it is warmed up.
If the dip is coming out of the freezer, place it in a 350 degree oven and heat-up for 30-45 minutes (depending on oven settings), or until heated thoroughly.
What should I serve with this dip?
Most restaurants serve spinach dip with tortilla chips. Although they taste amazing, they do not really hold up to dipping! So if tortilla chips are used, I suggest spooning the mixture onto the chips vs. dipping.
For a substantial DIPPABLE item, I suggest:
Virtually anything would be a great accompaniment for this dip, but try to stick with something thick and hearty that can withhold the force of dipping!
Be sure to tag me on Instagram or Facebook when you make this recipe! I would love to see your creation, and give you a shoutout!
- 8 ounces Cream cheese, softened
- 1 clove Garlic, diced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 package Chopped spinach, frozen
- 1 can Artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Jalapenos, canned or jarred, roughly chopped
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Using a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, and 1/4 cup of each the Monterrey jack and Parmesan cheese (reserving 1/4 cup for topping). Mix thoroughly until combined.
- Heat the frozen spinach in the microwave according to package instructions. Let it cool, and then drain it very well and squeeze any access water out of the spinach.
- Roughly chop the artichoke hearts and jalapenos. Add all of the veggies to the cheese mixture and stir well to combine. Squeeze the lemon juice, and add the salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour the dip into a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the dip from the oven and sprinkle the remaining Parmesan and Monterrey jack cheese over the top. Place back in the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
See tips in the post on how to prepare the dip for freezing and reheating.
Set the oven to broil to brown the top of the cheese if desired. Watch carefully, as the broiler will burn the dip.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 317mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.