This Honey Sriracha Glazed Salmon is cooked to perfection in the air fryer. Coated with a delicious sweet and spicy glaze that helps elevate the flavors.
Table of contents
Growing up in the PNW (Pacific Northwest) just north of Seattle seafood was ALWAYS in abundance and most of it you could catch fresh yourself! The funny part? I didn’t care for it, until I got older and moved away to areas where it was not nearly as plentiful or cost friendly, (Of course).
One of the main reasons why I was not a big fan of seafood until later in life was the fishy flavor I associated with seafood. I just couldn’t get over it. Salmon was what got me to change my mind. It is so good and so versatile! You will see it highlighted a few times on the site and every last recipe is as good as the next!
Does Salmon taste “fishy”?
Salmon being a more oily fish, does have more of that fishy taste but if handled properly and cooked well, it is not at all overpowering. Coho or Silver salmon is a more moderately fatty salmon giving it a more mild or subtle flavor than the King or Sockeye. Any of these options would work great for this Honey Sriracha Glazed Salmon recipe.
Another thing to keep in mind is wild caught versus farm raised salmon. Farm raised salmon will always have a different flavor and texture than wild caught salmon. If possible, try to buy wild caught seafood at all times.
What if I like my salmon a medium well or rare?
In this recipe I put the air fryer on the "bake" setting, at 350 degrees for two 7 minute increments. This yielded a more well done salmon. For a more medium well or rare salmon, you can cut your cook time to two 4-5 minute increments instead!
Check the fish for your desired level of doneness after each cooking interval. Remember that air fryers tend to cook quicker than conventional ovens. So adjust cooking times accordingly.
Is this Honey Sriracha Glazed Salmon really spicy?
Nope! Whether or not you have little ones, a partner, or guests who do not love spice, this recipe is still a safe bet. Sriracha on it’s own is only moderately spicy. When paired with the sweetness of the honey it is toned down to be almost a non-existent level of spice.
If you are still unsure, you can always cut back on the sriracha. Also adjust the honey, or it will just yield a sweeter glaze.
What if I do not have an air fryer?
With all of the different kitchen appliances, it can sometimes seem like you can never keep up! If you do not have an air fryer, simply cook the salmon in the oven on 350 for 14-17 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
Another great cooking method is to pan sear. This recipe for blackened salmon gives you step-by-step instructions for achieving the perfect sear on the salmon.
What should I serve with my Honey Sriracha Glazed Salmon?
Some delicious sides to serve with the salmon are:
This Honey Sriracha Glazed Salmon is cooked to perfection in the air fryer. Then coated in a delicious sweet and spicy glaze.
- 2 Salmon filets, (8-10 ounces)
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Sriracha
- ½ tablespoon Seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Spray the bottom of the air fryer with non-stick cooking spray. If the salmon has skin on one side, use a knife to remove the skin, (it can be removed after cooking if desired).
- Evenly coat each piece of salmon with the seasoned salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Rub the seasonings in so they are well coated.
- Place the salmon filets in one single layer in the air fryer (if there is skin on the filets, place it skin side down).
- Put the air fryer on the "bake" method, on 350 degrees. Cook the salmon for 7 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, mix the honey and sriracha in a small bowl. After the first 7 minutes, open the air fryer and brush the honey sriracha sauce onto each piece of salmon.
- Generously coat each piece of salmon with the glaze, reserving a little bit for a finishing touch.
- Place the basket back into the air fryer and cook an additional 7 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove, and top with additional glaze, and enjoy!
See post for suggestions for serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce Bottle (2 Pack) -9 Ounce
Silicone Spatulas for Nonstick Cookware, GEEKHOM 600F Heat Resistant Extra Large and Wide Flexible Spatulas Rubber Turners, Kitchen Cooking Utensils Set for Pancake, Eggs, Fish, Omelet(4 Pack, Black)
Ninja Air Fryer that Cooks, Crisps and Dehydrates, with 4 Quart Capacity, and a High Gloss Finish
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 41gProtein: 51g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.