Delicious Oven Roasted Brussel sprouts tossed in a balsamic vinegar, onions, and bacon bits then oven roasted until golden brown and tender.
Brussel sprouts are definitely an acquired taste. With that being said, these balsamic roasted brussel sprouts were a hit with the kiddos! They are THAT GOOD! Balsamic vinegar adds a sweet and tangy flavor, which pairs perfectly with the brusses.
When it comes to veggies and kids, it's hard to tell what will go over well and what will be rejected! Thankfully, our kids have an expansive palate, so they are open to trying new things. We call brussel sprouts "baby cabbage." Basically, they are the little cousins of cabbage, so it's a fun spin on them.
What do brussel sprouts taste like:
If you have ever tried cabbage, brussel sprouts have a very similar- but not exact taste. Brussels have a mild bitterness to them. Which is why the balsamic vinegar works so well with this recipe. It cuts the bitterness and adds a bit of sweetness to the brussel sprouts.
How to make the Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts:
Buy the fresh brussel sprouts that are usually found in the produce section.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Rinse the brussel sprouts very well. Cut them in half, lengthwise.
Combine the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a large bowl, or large ziplock bag. Toss it around a bit to ensure all of the pieces are coated.
Pour the brussel sprout out onto a non-stick baking sheet. Season well and toss in the onions and bacon crumbles.
Back them for about 10 minutes, and remove them from the oven to turn over. Once they are flipped, bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Brussel sprouts are finished cooking when they are tender, and golden brown.
Brussel sprouts tossed in a balsamic vinegar, onions, and bacon bits then oven roasted until golden brown and tender.
- 1 package Fresh brussel sprouts
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- ½ Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Bacon crumbles
Seasoning (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Slice brussel sprouts in half lengthwise. Rinse them well.
- In a large bowl or ziploc bag, combine olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add the brussel sprouts and toss them around to coat evenly.
- Pour the brussel sprouts on a non-stick sheet tray. Sprinkle bacon bits, onions, and seasoning over the brussel sprouts, as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Brussel sprouts should be tender and have a golden brown color.
PLEASE REPIN THIS RECIPE TO SAVE AND SHARE WITH FRIENDS!