Chicken Jalapeno Popper Hot Pockets are handheld rolls made with pizza dough and filled cheesy chicken, jalapeno goodness! They are a delicious appetizer, or on-the-go snack.
Table of contents
Hot pockets were one of my absolute favorite after school snacks when I was young! In fact, I will easily heat one up to this day as a grab-and-go meal or snack! So these chicken jalapeno popper hot pockets were definitely a nostalgic treat.
Ingredients you need to make the hot pockets:
First thing first, gather all of your ingredients to make the hot pockets. You really only need a few simple things.
- Chicken: it is so much easier to use precooked chicken. Whether you grab a rotisserie chicken, or some leftover chicken that you have already made.
- Cream cheese: this is the essential ingredient to make them a true jalapeno popper, so no skimping on this one!
- Shredded cheese: we want our hot pockets to be oozing with cheesy goodness, so shred yourself some Monterrey jack.
- Jalapenos: you will want to take out the seeds and veins to help make them less spicy. Then you will give them a fine dice.
- Green Onions: these babies just add another delicious layer of flavor, because that is what we are after here!
Checkout the story below for more recipe details:
Are the hot pockets spicy?
No they are not too spicy. On a scale of 1-10, these hot pockets were about a 5. The cream cheese and shredded cheese really help tame the spice of the jalapenos. Even more, once you take out the seeds and veins from the jalapenos, they lose a lot of their spiciness.
What to use instead of pizza dough:
The pizza dough is the perfect vessel for holding in all of the cheese and other ingredients. However, if you cannot get your hands on any dough, you can most certainly use canned biscuits instead.
You will follow the exact same instructions, but flatten out the biscuits, fill them, and seal them up into balls. The baking time may vary as well because biscuits will cook faster than the pizza dough will.
How to store and reheat the hot pockets:
It will be a miracle if you happen to have leftovers after makin these! But if you do, simply place them in an airtight container, or a galloon sized Ziploc bag. Place them in the refrigerator for up to one week.
When you are ready to eat them, take them out of the refrigerator and place them in the microwave for 30 second intervals until they are heated through. Alternatively, you can place them in the air fryer on the "reheat" mode for about 5 minutes.
- 1 tube Pizza dough, refrigerated
- 1 cup Chicken, cooked and shredded
- 8 ounces Cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 whole Jalapenos, seeds removed and diced
- ½ cup Green onions, chopped
- ½ tablespoon Seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
Garlic butter topping
- ½ stick Butter, unsalted and melted
- ½ tablespoon Parsley
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Using a large bowl, add the room temperature cream cheese, and the shredded Monteray jack cheese. Stir them until they are just combined.
- Begin adding in the chicken, diced jalapenos, green onions, and seasoning. Mix this mixture up until it is combined well.
- Use a cutting board and roll out the pizza dough. Cut the dough into 8 even squares.
- Add about two tablespoons of the cheese mixture directly in the center of each pizza dough square.
- Use your hands to wrap the dough around the cheese until it is closed into a little ball. Pinch the dough together to ensure it is sealed.
- Place each hot pocket ball into a baking dish or cast iron skillet. Brush the tops of the dough with the garlic butter mixture.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. The dough should be golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the hot pockets sit for at least five minutes before enjoying them!
Baking times may vary depending on oven settings. Keep an eye on the dough after 15 minutes, a golden brown color is what you want.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Professional Box Grater, Stainless Steel with 4 Sides, Best for Parmesan Cheese, Vegetables, Ginger, XL Size, Black
Cast Iron Skillet with Lid - 12"-Inch Frying Pan + Glass Lid + Heat-Resistant Handle Cover - Pre-Seasoned Oven Safe Cookware - Indoor/Outdoor Use - Grill, BBQ, Camping Fire, Stovetop, Induction Safe
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece Set, Nesting, Microwave and Dishwasher Safe)
bamfitwell Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove
imarku Chef Knife - Pro Kitchen Knife 8 Inch Chef's Knives High Carbon German Stainless Steel Sharp Paring Knife with Ergonomic Handle
Joho Baking Cookie Sheet Baking Pan Set, Professional Baking Sheet for oven Nonstick, 2 Piece Bakeware Set, 9x13in,10x15in, Gold
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 494mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.