Cheesy buffalo cauliflower is the healthy alternative to traditional buffalo chicken wings. Coated in cheese, and zesty buffalo sauce.
Cheesy buffalo cauliflower is a delicious and easy side dish, or even main meal option. A whole head of caulifloweris generally budget friendly at a grocery store. Even more, it is extremely versatile!
Cauliflower is a great staple in the vegetarian diet. It is a hearty vegetable, and it soaks up any flavors that is cooked in. Traditional buffalo wings are made with chicken. These cheesy buffalo cauliflower are a great alternative for vegetarians, people on the keto diet, or even as a side dish!
How to make the cheesy buffalo cauliflower:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Rough chop the whole head of cauliflower. Be sure not to chop the pieces too small- we want hearty pieces here!
Toss the cauliflower pieces in olive oil, seasonings, and cheese. Any cheese will work- for this particular recipe, we shredded som swiss cheese.
Place the cauliflower on a nonstick sheet pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and turn the cauliflower over. Put it bake in the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
After the cauliflower is semi-tender ( we don’t want mushy cauliflower), toss it in the buffalo sauce. Franks Red Hot sauce has a bottled buffalo sauce that is perfect for this recipe. If not, mix any hot sauce with a bit of melted butter, and it will be perfect.
Sprinkle reserved cheddar cheese over the top.
Be sure to tag me on Instagram or Facebook when you make this recipe! I would love to see your creation, and give you a shoutout!
- 1 head Cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ tablespoon Seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 cup Buffalo hot sauce
- 1 cup Shredded cheese, any kind will work, reserve a bit to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a baking dish or sheet tray with non-stick spray. Using a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with the olive oil and seasonings.
- Ensure that all of the cauliflower is evenly coated with the oil and seasoning. Mix in the cheese, reserve a bit to sprinkle over the top.
- Roast the cauliflower for 10 minutes. Remov the pan from oven and flip each piece of cauliflower. Roast for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from oven and using the same bowl, toss the cauliflower into the buffalo sauce mixture. Sprinkle the reserved shredded cheese over the top if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Meal Prep Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls Set, Home, Refrigerator, and Kitchen Food Storage Organizers | Ecofriendly, Reusable, Heavy Duty By WHYSKO (With Black Lids)
Pompeian USDA Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, First Cold Pressed, Full-Bodied Flavor, Perfect for Vinaigrettes and Marinades, Naturally Gluten Free, Non-Allergenic, Non-GMO, 24 FL. OZ., Single Bottle
Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce, 12 Oz
Nordic Ware Compact Ovenware Baking Sheet
RJUN Kitchen Chef's Knives 8 Inches Ergonomic Juglans Regia Wood Handle German High Carbon Stainless Steel Knife and Gift Box
Professional Box Grater, Stainless Steel with 4 Sides, Best for Parmesan Cheese, Vegetables, Ginger, XL Size, Black
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 566mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 15g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.