Cheesy buffalo cauliflower is the healthy alternative to traditional buffalo chicken wings. Coated in cheese, and zesty buffalo sauce.
Cheesy buffalo cauliflower is a delicious and easy side dish, or even main meal option. A whole head of cauliflower is only $2-3 at a grocery store. Therefore, this makes it an inexpensive eat! As I entered into the blogging atmosphere (it is a whole different world), I realized how many things can be done with cauliflower.
Cauliflower is a great staple in the vegetarian diet. It is a hearty vegetable, and it soaks up any flavors that is cooked in. Traditional buffalo wings are made with chicken. These cheesy buffalo cauliflower are a great alternative for vegetarians, people on the keto diet, or even as a side dish!
How to make the cheesy buffalo cauliflower:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Rough chop the whole head of cauliflower. Be sure not to chop the pieces too small- we want hearty pieces here!
Toss the cauliflower pieces in olive oil, seasonings, and cheese. Any cheese will work- for this particular recipe, we shredded som swiss cheese.
Place the cauliflower on a nonstick sheet pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and turn the cauliflower over. Put it bake in the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
After the cauliflower is semi-tender ( we don’t want mushy cauliflower), toss it in the buffalo sauce. Franks Red Hot sauce has a bottled buffalo sauce that is perfect for this recipe. If not, mix any hot sauce with a bit of melted butter, and it will be perfect.
Sprinkle reserved cheddar cheese over the top.
- 1 head Cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 cup Shredded cheese, any kind will work, reserve a bit to sprinkle on top
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 cup Buffalo hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss cauliflower in olive oil.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the cauliflower to coat evenly. Add the shredded cheese.
- Roast for 10 minutes, remove from oven to flip, and roast for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and toss the cauliflower in buffalo sauce. Sprinkle with additional cheddar cheese.