Milkshakes loaded with chocolate candy, syrup, and blended to a creamy perfection. Topped with whipped cream and more bit of candy. The perfect Summertime, or anytime treat!
These candy loaded milkshakes are the perfect dessert for any day you just crave something sweet! They are super easy to make- and you can even get the kids involved. Here is a warning though, they are SUPER sweet and addicting! Every once in awhile, it’s important to treat yourself, not cheat yourself. Go ahead and grab the ingredients to whip-up these bad boys.
Another great idea for to make these candy loaded milkshakes are for special birthday treats, or maybe even for movie night with the family. Your kids will be in sugar-rush heaven with these milkshakes!
Here’s how to make the candy loaded milkshakes:
Grab all of your ingriedents:
- vanilla ice cream
- ice cubes
- chocolate syrup
- hazelnut spread
- chocolate candy
- whipped cream
Once everything is gathered, begin assembling the cup. Chop-up your chocolate into little bits and pieces.
Spread about a tablespoon of the hazelnut spread around the outside rim of your cup. After a thin layer is formed, place little bits of the chocolate along the rim of the cup.
Drizzle chocolate syrup around the inside of your cup.
Add the milk, ice cream, and ice cubes to a blender. Blend on high until mixed into a creamy and smooth milkshake.
Pour the milkshake into your cup. Top with with whipped cream and more chocolate pieces.
Can I use a different kind of ice cream?
Of course. Use what you have on hand, or your favorite kind of ice cream. Keep in mind that chocolate candy may not taste the best with cotton candy ice cream! Also, if you decide to use an ice cream that has cookies or nuts in it, maybe cut back on the amount of candy used.
What kind of candy to use:
For this particular recipe we used Twix and Snickers. Again, the type of candy you decide to use is completely up to you. Maybe even switch it up and use fruity candy instead of chocolate.
The key to the candy is to make sure it is in tiny bite size pieces. Use a knife to chop it as fine as possible, but leaving enough bite.
My milkshake is watery what do I do?
If your milkshake turns out too watery the ice cream was too soft when you began. Another reason could be because too much milk was added. Add more ice cubes and blend to try to thicken it up. Maybe add more ice cream as well.
What do I do if the milkshake is too thick?
Sometimes the milkshake will be too thick to pour if there is not enough liquid added to the ice cream during blending. Add a touch of milk and try blending. Keep adding just a bit of milk of time (like one teaspoon), and blend to see if it loosens up a bit. Try not to add too much milk, or the milkshake will become watery.
- 4 cup Vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup Milk
- 5 Ice cubes
- 3 tablespoons Hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup Chocolate candy, roughly chooped
- 1 cup Whipped cream, canned kind
- 1 tablespoon Chocolate , syrup
- Chop the candy up into bite size pieces. Spread the rim of the glasses with the hazelnut spread, about 1/2 an inch.
- Stick the bits of candy to the hazelnut to line the rims of the glasses. Drizzle a bit of the chocolate syrup along the inside of the glasses. Set the glasses aside.
- Add the milk, ice cream, and ice cubes to the blender. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes until it is a creamy mixture.
- Pour the milkshakes into the glasses, do not overfill. Swirl the whip cream on the top to form a slight peak. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate pieces onto the top.
- Serve immediately.
See notes in the post for pro-tips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Hiware 9-Inch Long Handle Iced Tea Spoon, Coffee Spoon, Ice Cream Spoon, Stainless Steel Cocktail Stirring Spoons, Set of 4
- VEHHE Metal Straws Stainless Steel Straws 8 Set Reusable Drinking Rainbow Straws with Cleaning Brush for 20 OZ Tumblers(4 Straight + 4 Bent + 2 Brush)
- 365 Everyday Value, Real Dairy Whipped Cream, 7 oz
- 365 by Whole Foods Market, Organic Nut Butter Spread, Hazelnut Cocoa, 12.3 Ounce
- Ninja 1000 Watts Blender NJ600, Silver/Black, 72 Oz (Renewed)
- Fountain Shoppe Classic, Milk Shake, Ice Cream Soda Glass, 12-Ounce, Clear With Long Stainless Steel Spoons 4 PACK By Chefcaptain (4 Glaases 4 Long Spoons)