Any dish that makes my life easier is a sure thing in our household. This creamy lemon pepper chicken is as easy as 1-2-3! You can prepare the dish the night before, cover and put it in the refrigerator so when you get home from work, you just pop it in the oven. One thing I ALWAYS keep on hand in my freezer are the pre-cut bell pepper and onion trios.
These make cooking so simple, and quick. You cut the prep time by already having the flavor blend ready-to-go. I use them for almost everything I cook!
Add a couple simple sides- broccoli or a salad, maybe some rice or potatoes, and you have yourself a meal! The chicken turns out so moist, and tender, and FULL of flavor. Your family will devour this meal, and stay asking for more. Give it a try, let me know what you think in the comments below!
- 3 Chicken breast
- 1 can Cream of chicken soup mix
- 1 whole Lemon, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic, minced.
- 1/2 cup Bell pepper & onion blend, pre-diced frozen blend
- 1/2 cup Water
Seasoning (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon Seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine seasoning, cream of chicken soup, and water. Mix well.
- Place chicken in baking dish in a single layer, add bell pepper mixture on top. Pour sauce mixture over chicken to coat evenly.
- Add sliced lemon on top of chicken breast. Cover with foil and bake for 45 mins.
- Uncover chicken, bake additional 15 mins until sauce thickens a bit.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
Fresh bell pepper and onion can be used in place of frozen blend.