Nothing says summertime like a cool crisp beverage and the smell of BBQ. It’s almost illegal not to have some sort of BBQ during the summer months. A great time around the pit with friends and family, and the aroma of the Que wafting through the air. Once everything calms down after the BBQ, there always seems to be leftovers!
This Creamy Chicken Salad is the perfect recipe for that leftover BBQ chicken. One, two, or three days old, it makes for the most delicious smoky and creamy chicken salad. That BBQ flavor permeates throughout the salad giving it such a unique and addicting taste.
The recipe calls for chicken breast, but any piece of the chicken can be used with the skin removed. Depending on your preference, add or cut the mayo to your level of creaminess. These measurements create the perfect level of creaminess though!
Top your favorite bread, roll, croissant and top with lettuce- dinner is served! It seriously takes 10 mins to whip up, making it a perfect weeknight meal.
Give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below.
- 3 Cooked chicken breast, leftover chicken works the best
- 1 1/2 cups Mayonnaise, may add more if needed
- 3 ribs Celery , diced
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 1 cup Red or green grapes, cut in halves
Seasoning (to taste)
- 1/2 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Seasoning salt
- Dice chicken into small cubes. Add all ingredients and seasoning in a large bowl and mix well.
- Serve right away with your favorite croissant or roll; or refrigerate to use later.
*Add more mayo to achieve desired creaminess