This green tea shot recipe is the perfect balance of whiskey, peach schnapps, and sweet and sour mix to create a delicious palatable drink. Enjoy them as shots, or over ice as a refreshing cocktail.
These shots are the PERFECT solution for your pre game get together. You'll also love these White Gummy Bear Shots!
These smooth and tasty green tea shots are the perfect party starter! They super popular shots because they are so delicious. This simple whiskey shot is a great summer cocktail, or really great for anytime!
What does a green tea shot taste like
These yellowish-green shots have a light, citrusy flavor thanks to a delicious blend of whisky, peach schnapps, sweet and sour mix, and lemon-lime soda.
They do not taste like actual green tea though! They are kin to the white tea shot that is equally delicious!
What's in a classic green tea shot recipe
This classic green tea shot are a breeze to make! All you need are equal portions of whisky, peach schnapps, and sweet and sour mix.
Add in a little lemon-lime soda for a nice fizz! You can grab all of these ingredients from your local liquor store or grocery stores.
- 2 ounces Irish whiskey: Jameson whiskey is my top choice because the distillery actually invented the drink! However, you can use another whiskey if you prefer. If you're making less, use 1 ounce instead of two.
- 2 ounces Peach schnapps: Is a peach liqueur that is has a fruity flavor. The fruity flavor derives from distilled peaches. The alcohol content is between 15 and 20% so a little goes a long way. You can cut this down to 1 ounce if making single shots.
- 2 ounces Sweet and sour mix: You can purchase this at a local store or make your own sweet and sour mix at home. It is a simple mix of sugar and water with lemon-lime juice.
- Splash of lemon-lime soda: Use Sprite or 7up for a sweeter drink. You can use sparkling lemonade if you want the drink to be on the sour side. This inclusion is really to subdue the drink and give it a lighter taste.
How to make Jameson green tea shots
Add your ice to a cocktail shaker or a large glass.
Pour in the Irish whisky, peach schnapps (which is a peach liqueur), sweet and sour mix, and Sprite or 7up.
If using a cocktail shaker, add some ice cubes, place the lid on and shake vigorously for 10 seconds until everything is mixed well.
If you are using a large glass, use a spoon and mix the ingredients for about 10 seconds, until everything is fully combined.
Pour the mixture into individual shot glasses.
MAKE A GREEN TEA MOCKTAIL:
Want a nonalcoholic version? Simply replace the alcohol with lime juice. Even better, replace the alcohol with actual green tea!
Mix all of the ingredients accordingly, but instead of adding the liquor, you can add the green tea and or lime juice.
WHITE TEA SHOTS:
Instead of using whiskey, replace it with vodka for a white tea shot. Aside from the color difference, white tea shots are sweeter than green tea shots.
The white tea shots are sweeter because vodka has a naturally sweeter taste than whiskey.
Classic green tea shots call for lemon lime soda. Instead of the Sprite or 7UP in, you can use lemon juice.
Just add about half of a tablespoon to your cocktail shaker. If you want it more sour, add more lemon juice. If you want it less sour, cut it down to one teaspoon.
You can also add a bit of simple syrup to help sweeten up the shot a bit. To make simple syrup you just add equal parts sugar and water to a sauce pan and heat it up until the sugar is dissolved.
DO GREEN TEA SHOTS HAVE ACTUAL TEA?
A common misconception is that green tea shot actually contain green tea . While this drink does not contain actual tea, green tea shots do look and taste amazing!
WHAT ARE GREEN TEA SHOTS MADE OF?
The beauty of this cold drink is that it only requires four simple ingredients!
Green tea shots are made up of equal parts Jameson whiskey company, peach schnapps, sweet and sour mix, and a splash of bubbly lemon lime soda.
WHY IS IT CALLED A GREEN TEA SHOT IF THERE IS NOT ANY TEA?
The green hue of this drink makes it resemble green tea. Some say the shot also tastes like sweetened green tea. So the color and taste have the same resemblance!
ARE THESE SHOOTERS STRONG?
Jameson Irish Whiskey is a bit different than American whiskey because it has a high alcohol content. American whiskey usually has a bit lower, whereas Jameson is at or above 40%.
So while the other ingredients mask the taste of the whiskey, this is a fairly strong shooter. Green tea is a popular choice for shooters because of its natural sweetness and light taste. It’s a great way to add a subtle flavor to a strong whiskey-based shooter.
This green tea shot has the perfect balance of Irish whisky, peach schnapps, and sweet and sour mix to create a delicious palatable drink. Enjoy them as shots, or over ice as a refreshing cocktail.
- 2 ounces Irish whiskey (such as Jameson whiskey)
- 2 ounces Peach schnapps
- 2 ounces Sweet and sour mix
- Splash of lemon lime soda (sprite or 7up)
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker or a large glass.
- Pour in the Irish whiskey, peach schnapps, sweet and sour mix, and lemon lime soda.
- If using a cocktail shaker, place the lid on and shake vigorously for 10 seconds until everything is mixed well.
- If you are using a large glass, use a spoon and mix the ingredients for about 10 seconds, until everything is fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into individual shot glasses.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
1.2 Ounce Heavy Base Shot Glass Set,QAPPDA Whisky Shot Glasses 1.2 oz,Mini Glass Cups For liqueur,Double Side Cordial Glasses,Tequila Cups Small Glass Shot Cups Set Of 20 KTY1501……
WIBIMEN Round Ice Cube Tray,Ice Ball Maker Mold for Freezer,Mini Circle Ice Cube Tray Making 1.2in X 99PCS Sphere Ice Chilling Cocktail Whiskey Tea & Coffee(3Pack Blue Ice trays & Ice Bin & Ice tong)
KITESSENSU Cocktail Shaker Set Bartender Kit with Stand | Bar Kit Drink Mixer Set for Drink Mixing - Bar Tools: Martini Shaker, Jigger, Strainer, Mixer Spoon, Muddler, Liquor Pourers, More | Silver
JoyJolt 4-Piece Afina Cocktail Glasses Set, Martini Glasses- 8-Ounces
Zing Zang Sweet & Sour Mix, Made With All Natural Real Fruit Juice Blend, Non Alcoholic Cocktail Mixers, 32 Fl Oz Bottle (Pack of 1)
Aresrora Liquor Dispensers,6 Shot Acrylic Dispenser with Shot Glasses Set,Liquor Dispenser for Home Bar, Party Supplies,Halloween Shots Drink Dispenser for Parties,Fancy Alcohol Dispenser（Clear Color)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 76Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 0g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.