Chicken Parmesan made of lightly breaded and pan fried chicken, with a homemade marinara sauce. Finally, it's topped with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese to create the ultimate dish.
This quick and easy Chicken Parmesan recipe cannot get any easier than this! I apologize in advance to all my Italian followers, because nothing about this chicken Parmesan is authentic! The great thing about it though, it tastes absolutely amazing.
Chicken Parmesan is one of those dishes that we normally order when we go out to eat because it's thought to be labor intensive to make at home. It's time to put that thought to sleep though, because this is super easy, and quick.
Here is a quick fun fact about me, I LOVE HIP HOP AND R&B! So it was only right that I used my current favorite song for the background music in that video. Hope you enjoyed it!
What can I serve with this Chicken Parmesan?
Serve the chicken with pasta, such as spaghetti or angel hair. Another great side dish would be a simple salad and garlic bread. Even better, you can pop some veggies in a pan or the microwave, and voila, a complete meal!
How to make this dish:
Season and marinate your chicken overnight if you have time, if not (which is often my case), cook it immediately. Heat the butter/oil in a large skillet. Next, coat the chicken in the flour, then set aside until it's time to fry.
For this particular recipe I used almond flour, but all purpose flour works perfectly fine as well. The bread crumbs are super important though, they add a nice crispy texture to the chicken.
Fry the chicken up in a butter/ olive oil mixture, set it aside and add the homemade marinara sauce to the same pan.
Add the chicken back into the pan with the marinara, top it with your shredded or sliced mozzarella, sprinkle some Parmesan cheese and an Italian herb mixture of the top
Set the oven to broil and place the skillet under the broiler for 5-10 mins to melt the cheese, and VOILA! Keep an eye on it though because it can burn easily.
If you are really short on time, use store bough marinara instead of the homemade version, but I promise you it tastes amazing! Serve the chicken Parmesan with your favorite pasta, or make sandwiches. Your family will be in heaven with this meal!
- 4 Chicken breast, thin cut and seasoned (see below)
- 3 cups Homemade marinara, (or storebought spaghetti sauce)
- 1 pound Mozzarella cheese, sliced or shredded
- ½ teaspoon Dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon Dried oregano
Marinade for chicken
- 2 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoon Black pepper
- ½ tablespoon Onion powder
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
Light breading for chicken
- 1 cup Almond flour (or All Purpose Flour)
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Melt butter and heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet.
- Season the chicken thoroughly with all of the seasonings. Place the chicken in the flour mixture and turn to coat it evenly. Once oil & butter are sizzling, add lightly breaded chicken breast to the skillet.
- Cook for 5 minutes per side, remove chicken and set aside on paper towels to drain excess grease. Do not overcrowd pan when frying the chicken.
- After chicken is all fried, discard excess grease from the pan. Add homemade marinara sauce to the same skillet, stir & heat thoroughly (may need to add a little water if sauce gets to thick)
- Add chicken back into marinara sauce ensuring each piece is covered with sauce. Top chicken with mozzarella cheese and dried oregano and parsley.
- Place skillet in the oven for 5-10 mins to melt cheese and marry the flavors.
- Serve with your favorite pasta or side dish.
Seasoning and marinating the chicken overnight is best.
All purpose flour can be substituted for almond flour.
Use store bought marinara to save time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Progresso Bread Crumbs Italian Style 15 Oz. Each (Pack of 2)
Amazon Brand - Happy Belly Italian Seasoning Blend, 1 Ounce
Barilla Pasta, Spaghetti, 16 Ounce
StarPack Basics Silicone Kitchen Tongs (9-Inch & 12-Inch) - Stainless Steel with Non-Stick Silicone Tips, High Heat Resistant to 480°F, For Cooking, Serving, Grill, BBQ & Salad (Teal Blue)
365 Everyday Value, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Mediterranean Blend, 33.8 fl oz
Cuisinart 77-412 Chef's Classic Stainless 4-Piece 12-Quart Pasta/Steamer Set,Stainless Steel
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 596Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 1544mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 36g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.