Zesty chicken lime and avocado make the base for this soup. Toasted vermicelli noodles add an additional layer of flavor to create a filling meal.
It is always soup season over here! This chicken lime & avocado soup was the perfect solution to fulfill our soup craving. Leftover chicken is perfect for this soup. Either chop or shred the chicken depending on the desired textures. Lime juice adds a delicious acidity and sourness to the soup. Meanwhile, the avocado cuts that sourness and adds an amazing layer of creaminess.
Some of the best meals are the ones that are created off of a whim, with ingredients on hand. Vermicilli noodles are something that stay in the pantry here. These noodles make a great side for taco night, or in this case, a great addition to soups. After sauteing the noodles in olive oil, they take on a nice golden brown appearance. Sauteing them also helps them keep a nice bite to them once they are added to the soup.
Serve the chicken lime and avocado soup with your favorite tortilla chips, or tostada shells. Do not forget to add your favorite hot sauce or salsa to spice it up a bit!
- 2 cups Chicken, cooked and chopped or shredded
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 2 cups Water
- ½ Onion, sliced thin
- 1 small Bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ bag Vermicilli noodles
Seasoning (to taste)
- ½ tablespoon Knorr tomato bouillon with chicken
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- Add olive oil to a skillet, toast vermicilli noodles until they're golden brown. Saute onions and bell pepper until slightly translucent and softened.
- In a saucepan, add water, chicken broth, lime juice chicken, onions and bell pepper. Stir well, add seasoning and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add vermicilli noodles to the saucepan with chicken. Stir in seasonings and simmer for additional 10 minutes. May need to add more water if noodles begin to absorb it all.
- Spoon into bowls, add avocado as desired. Serve with tostadas or tortilla chips.
PRODUCTS USED FOR THIS RECIPE:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small commission for my referral at NO extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Razzle Dazzle Life!
PLEASE REPIN THIS RECIPE TO SAVE AND SHARE WITH FRIENDS!