This zesty chicken lime avocado soup is loaded with tender shredded chicken, chunks of succulent avocado, and toasted vermicelli noodles. Enjoy this fresh, flavorful soup any time of the year!
- About this chicken soup
- Why you will love this Chicken Avocado Lime Soup Recipe
- Ingredients You Need for Chicken Avocado Lime Soup
- HOW TO MAKE THE THIS CHICKEN SOUP:
- Do the avocados get mushy or melt in the soup?
- Vermicelli noodles:
- What to serve with Chicken Avocado Lime Soup:
- How to store and reheat leftovers:
- 📖 Recipe
It is always soup season over here! This chicken lime & avocado soup was the perfect solution to fulfill our craving. Think chicken soup with a Mexican twist!
About this chicken soup
Chicken avocado lime soup has bright, refreshing flavors that make it light yet filling. Lime juice adds a delicious acidity and sourness. Meanwhile, the avocado cuts that sourness and adds an amazing layer of creaminess.
Either chop or shred the chicken depending on the desired textures.
Why you will love this Chicken Avocado Lime Soup Recipe
It's affordable and filling! This hearty soup is made with super common ingredients. Chances are, you already have what you need stocked and ready to go in your kitchen!
Leftover chicken, or even turkey, is perfect for this recipe so you can feed the whole family with this cost-effective meal!
It's healthy! This comforting chicken noodle soup has lean protein and healthy fats. So not only is it tasty but, good for you too!
It's quick and easy! You won't be standing over a stove for hours with this chicken soup recipe. Instead, you'll be serving bowls of soup in less than an hour!
Ingredients You Need for Chicken Avocado Lime Soup
The beautiful thing about this recipe is how simple it is to put together. Here is what you need to gather to get started:
- Chicken breasts: Cook the chicken breasts and shred or chop them into bite-size pieces. Alternatively, you can use rotisserie chicken.
- Vermicelli noodles: These can be found in most pasta aisles at your local grocery store.
- Knorr tomato bouillon seasoning: This is a very important seasoning for the soup, do not substitute it!
- Avocados: Make sure they are just ripe, and cut them into small cubes. They shouldn't be too hard but also not mushy.
HOW TO MAKE THE THIS CHICKEN SOUP:
Start by boiling your chicken breast in a large stock pot. Fill it with water, and season it well with chicken bouillon and other seasonings.
Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the pot and set it aside. Keep the water the chicken cooked in to use it as the soup base.
In a seperate skillet, add some olive oil and lightly fry the vermecilli noodles until they take on a golden brown color. Add the noodles into the pot with the chicken stock.
Now shred the chicken up by hand or using two forks. Once you have the shredded chicken, add it back to the pot.
Sprinkle in all of your seasonings, stir well and let it simmer. Once you're ready to serve the chicken lime soup, add the diced avocados right over the top.
Do the avocados get mushy or melt in the soup?
No the avocados do not melt or get overly mushy when added into the soup. Be sure to get an avocado that is semi ripe. You want it to be ripe enough to cut, but not overly ripe and soft.
The avocado adds a delicious creaminess with every bite. It also adds a great textural balance to the soup, while providing another layer of flavor.
Some of the best meals are the ones that are created off of a whim, with ingredients on hand. Vermicelli noodles are something that stay in the pantry here.
These noodles make a great side for taco night, or in this case, a great addition to soups. After sautéing the noodles in olive oil, they take on a nice golden brown appearance.
Toasting them also creates a delicious nutty flavor to the soup. Sautéing them also helps them keep a nice bite to them once they are added to the soup.
What to serve with Chicken Avocado Lime Soup:
Serve chicken lime and avocado soup with your favorite tortilla chips, or tostada shells. Some amazing toppings and sides include:
- A quesadilla
- Sliced radishes
- Sour cream
- Cheese (Monterrey jack or cheddar would be tasty.)
Be sure to add your favorite salsa too!
How to store and reheat leftovers:
Once the soup has cooled down, place it into an airtight container. Refrigerate it for up to three days.
Freeze it for up to 4 months. Defrost it in the fridge the day before you plan to reheat it.
To reheat the soup, simply microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. If the noodles absorb all of the liquid, add more water, then a bit more of the knorr seasoning for flavor. Squeeze a fresh lime in it and mix it up so it will taste just like you just made it!
Juicy and tender pieces of chicken, succulent chunks of avocado, and toasted vermicelli noodles are all swimming in a zesty and flavorful lime based broth. This soup is a delicious way to wrap yourself in comfort any time of the year.
- 2 Chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 2 cups Water
- 1 medium Onion, sliced thin
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 ½ cup Vermicelli noodles
- 1 whole Avocado, cubed
- ½ cup Cilantro, chopped (garnishment)
Seasoning (to taste)
- 2 tablespoon Knorr tomato bouillon with chicken (reserve 1 tablespoon to season to taste at the end)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 Bay leaves
- Place the chicken in a stock pot and add the water and the chicken broth. Next add all of the seasonings: tomato bouillon, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and bay leaves. Let that simmer for 25 minutes so the chicken can cook through.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the vermicelli noodles and toast for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir them frequently so they do not burn. Once they are a golden brown, toasted color, remove them from the skillet and set them aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the stock pot (reserving the liquid), and place it on a cutting board. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Add the onions and chicken back into the pot. Add the juice of the two limes directly into the pot. Add one more tablespoon of the Knorr tomato bouillon (optional, season to taste).
- Spoon into bowls, add the cubed avocados while hot, and add a sprinkle of cilantro. Serve with tostadas or tortilla chips.
Noodles may expand and start absorbing the liquid. Add more water as desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Knorr Bouillon Tomato Grand Chicken broth, 3.5oz (3 Pack)
Sensarte 9.5/11-Inch Nonstick Frying Pan Skillet, Swiss Granite Coating Omelette Pan, Healthy Stone Cookware Chef's Pan, PFOA Free (9.5 Inch )
imarku Chef Knife - Pro Kitchen Knife 8 Inch Chef's Knives
Citrus Juice Press Squeezer for Lemons and Limes with Seed Catcher and Pour Spout
Sensarte Stock Pot Nonstick 4.5 Quart Soup Pot Casserole Pot with Lid Healthy Pasta Pot Cooking Pot Black Sauce Pot with Woodgrain Bakelite Handle, All Stove Compatible Cookware, Easy to Clean
Serving Size:4 People
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 421mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 27g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.