Cheesy and Creamy Chicken Spaghetti is the perfect solution for a weeknight meal. Loaded with tender pieces of chicken and noodles, all nestled in a super flavorful creamy sauce.
While you are here, be sure to checkout this Chicken and Bacon Alfredo and this Creamy Rasta Pasta with Shrimp, Chicken, and Sausage.
Table of contents
One thing I love about this pasta is how quick and easy it is to make! It is full of cheese, and SUPER creamy and delicious. It is definitely one of our favorite meals!
Gather your ingredients:
This recipe calls for a few simple ingredients. Most of these items you may already have in your pantry and refrigerator! Here is what you will need:
- Chicken: the best chicken to use for this recipe are boneless, skinless, chicken breasts. They yield the best texture for the spaghetti.
- Spaghetti noodles: since this is "spaghetti," these type of noodles are recommended.
- Soups: cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soups are absolutely necessary! The key to the creaminess comes from these ingredients.
- Cheese: both cheddar and mozzarella cheese were used for this recipe. Add them to the sauce, and top the spaghetti with cheese.
- Bell Pepper and Garlic: cut up the bell pepper and garlic and sauté them to add extra flavor to the sauce.
- Seasoning: the usual suspects are used here. We are talking seasoned salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and a bit more.
How to make the sauce for the chicken spaghetti:
This is the best part! To make this sauce, you are going to sauté the bell pepper and garlic in a bit of olive oil. Then you will add both the cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soups into the skillet.
Next, use the can to add some of the chicken broth you boiled the chicken in. Add two cans full of the water directly into the sauce. Use a whisk to stir the sauce up until it is smooth. Then, sprinkle in the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Stir it up until everything is combined.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Absolutely! Make everything as directed, but do not sprinkle the chees on the top. Instead of baking it, let it cool. Then cover the baking dish with plastic wrap or foil, and refrigerate until you are ready to cook it.
When you are ready, remove the plastic, sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top, cover the dish with foil, and bake on 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Substitutions and tips:
You can definitely make this spaghetti meatless by omitting the chicken. It will still be super creamy, cheesy, and delicious without it. You can also sub in a different protein if desired.
In order to make the sauce super creamy, be sure to save the water that the chicken boiled in, and add it to the cream of mushroom and chicken. The recipe calls for two cups, but if the sauce is too thick, add a bit more.
Storing and reheating leftovers:
- 3 boneless Chicken breast
- 12 ounces Spaghetti noodles
- ½ cup Bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 can Cream of mushroom
- 1 can Cream of chicken
- 2 cups Water chicken boiled in
- 2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded (for sauce and topping)
- 2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded (for sauce and topping)
Seasoning for boiling chicken:
- 1 cube Chicken bouillon
- ½ tablespoon Black pepper
- ½ tablespoon Garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Onion powder
Seasoning for Cream sauce:
- ½ tablespoon Seasoned salt
- ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ tablespoon Garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add chicken to a stock pot and cover with water. Place it on the stove over medium-high heat. Stir in the chicken bouillon, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Bring it to a low boil for 20 minutes. Once done, remove the chicken and place it in a bowl to cool down. Reserve the cooking liquid to use in the sauce. Once the chicken is cool enough, use your hands to shred it into large pieces, and set aside.
- Fill a separate stock pot up with water and bring to a rapid boil. Add in the spaghetti noodles. Boil for 10 minutes- until they are al dente. Drain the water and rinse the noodles with cold water. Set them aside
- Add olive oil to a large skillet or pot over medium heat and allow it to heat up for 2-3 minutes. Place the bell peppers in the oil and saute for 2 minute. Next add the garlic and saute for one minute (careful not to burn the garlic).
- Pour the cream of mushroom and cream of chicken directly into the skillet. Fill the can up with the water the chicken cooked in (2 cans full total), and add it into the skillet.
- Add in the seasoned salt, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper. Use a whisk to mix it until fully combined and smooth.
- Sprinkle in the ½ cup each of Mozzarella and cheddar cheese and stir it in until it is melted. Add in the chicken, and the spaghetti and gently mix it until combined.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the spaghetti into the dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the pasta. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the baking dish and put the oven on broil. Broil the chicken spaghetti for 5 minutes to brown the cheese. Keep a close eye on it so it does not burn.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool for for 5-7 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 634Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 1734mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 46g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.