Here we have Creamy blackened salmon pasta. Blackened salmon is delicious all by itself, but add it to a creamy parmesan and tomato based sauce, over a bed of pasta- and you have a meal that is out of this world!
Salmon is such an amazing protein because it is super versatile. Be sure to check out this Honey Sriracha Salmon made in the air fryer. You will also love this Blackened Salmon with Mushroom Cream Sauce as well!
Table of contents
Salmon is one of my households most favorite proteins to eat! It is super quick and easy to cook, and is so versatile. I have made this dish numerous times, and it gets devoured every single time! So I thought it was time to share it with you!
Gather the ingredients for your creamy blackened salmon pasta:
This recipe does not use too many crazy ingredients. In fact, the main ingredients you need are the salmon and the pasta! Here is a list of what you should grab to prepare the dish:
- Salmon: If the precut salmon fillets are available, buy them! It is much easier to prepare when they are precut. If not, get the whole filet of salmon, and cut it yourself into the portions you want. For this recipe we had 6 oz. filets.
- Even more- if you cannot find skinless salmon, proceed to the next section where I explain how to cook and remove the skin.
- Linguine pasta: Feel free t use any pasta you have on hand. The linguine pasta adds a nice "bite," and holds up nicely with the salmon and cream sauce.
- Heavy cream: This is a must! The heavy cream is responsible for adding that silky smooth and creamy texture to the sauce.
- Parmesan cheese: The parmesan adds a nice, salty cheesy component to the cream sauce. It also helps balance out the acidic tomato paste layer.
- Tomato paste: This is a secret gem of an ingredient. Very underrated if I do say so myself! It adds an amazing layer of flavor to the sauce.
- Spinach: I did list this ingredient as optional, but I highly recommend you add it!
Pro-tip: sneak veggies into your dishes whenever you can! Hence, the spinach!
How do I remove the skin from the salmon?
If you cannot find skinless salmon, do not worry; and no need to remove the skin from the raw salmon. Follow all of the steps in regard to seasoning the salmon. Only season the flesh side, not the skin side. Add the olive oil to the skillet, and place the salmon in SKIN SIDE FIRST.
Sear the salmon for about five minutes, flip it over and sear the other side. Remove the salmon from the skillet and set it to the side to cool. Once the salmon is cool enough to handle, that skin will slide right off! It is that simple.
Is blackened salmon spicy?
No it is not spicy. The seasoning used to blacken the salmon add a delicious flavor, but do not pack any heat. In fact, the main blackening ingredient is the paprika, which has an extremely subtle flavor.
Some blackening seasons call for cayenne pepper. This recipe does not use cayenne. Even more, the method of cooking the salmon (in the cast iron skillet), is the true blackening process.
How to store and reheat leftovers:
Store the leftovers in an air tight container. Place the container in the refrigerator for up to four days. When you are ready to eat it, remove the container from the microwave, crack the lid to allow the steam to vent. Microwave on high for two to three minutes.
- 16 oz. Linguine noodles
- 4 filets Salmon, skinless about 6 oz. each
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil, to sear salmon
- 1 tablespoon Butter, unsalted
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 cups Heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
- 2 handfuls Spinach, (optional but highly recommended)!
- Reserve about 2 cups of the water the pasta cooked in to help thin the sauce if needed.
Seasoning for Salmon
- 1 tablespoon Seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- ½ tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
Seasoning for Sauce
- ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt (more or less as desired)
- Begin by filling a stock pot with water, almost to the top. Season the water with about a teaspoon of salt (optional), and bring it to a boil. Once the water is boiling, gently add the linguine noodles directly into the pot.
- Boil the noodles until they are al dente, about 10-15 minutes. Be sure to stir them occasionally so that they do not stick together.
- While the pasta is cooking, start with the salmon. Sprinkle the seasoned salt, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, and onion powder evenly over the salmon filets.
- Add the olive oil into a cast iron skillet and heat up over medium high. Place the salmon in one single layer, directly into the preheated oil.
- Sear for 4 minutes and then flip to the other side and sear another 4 minutes. Remove the salmon from the skillet and set it aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium. Add the unsalted butter into the skillet, and then add the garlic. Sauté the garlic for about one minute, stirring continually so that it does not burn.
- Add in the tomato paste and stir around for about a minute. Next pour in the heavy cream, and stir until everything is fully combined and smooth.
- If the sauce starts to get too thick, add in some of the water that the pasta is cooking in, add about one tablespoon at a time.
- Next sprinkle in the parmesan cheese, and stir it up until it is melted and smooth.
- Season the sauce with the Italian seasoning, black pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
- Add in the spinach and stir it around until the spinach is wilted, about one minute or so.
- Nestle the salmon back into the sauce. Turn the heat to low and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve over the pasta, and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cuisinart 77-412 Chef's Classic Stainless 4-Piece 12-Quart Pasta/Steamer Set,Stainless Steel
bamfitwell Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove
MOSFiATA 8" Super Sharp Professional Chef's Knife with Finger Guard and Knife Sharpener, German High Carbon Stainless Steel EN1.4116 with Micarta Handle and Gift Box
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 508Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 556mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 48g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.