Bourbon Peach Limeade Smash is a mesh of amazing and tantalizing flavors. Sweetness of the peaches, with the tartness of the lime help cut the bourbon to create the ultimate refreshing cocktail!
While you’re here, be sure to check out this super popular Southern Peach Cobbler recipe. My followers are LOVING it right now!
Summertime in south Florida calls for all things cool and refreshing. This drink definitely fits the bill.
Bourbon on the rocks is already an amazing choice of cocktails. Then we go and pair it with peaches and lime, it’s mind blowing!
What if I don’t like bourbon?
First and foremost, you can barely taste the bourbon in this cocktail. From the sweet peaches, and the sour lime juice- the alcohol is masked.
One thing about this particular cocktail though, you can switch out the bourbon with your choice of alcohol. Use gin, vodka, or even a cognac in its place.
Do I have to use fresh peaches?
Fresh peaches are preferred, but not absolutely necessary. Frozen peaches will work just fine. Another great replacement is peach nectar.
If using frozen peaches, follow the same process of boiling the peaches with the simple syrup. However, with peach nectar, skip the boiling process and just add it to the blender. You will still need to make the simple syrup on the stovetop though.
Even more, you can use peach nectar instead of fresh or frozen peaches.
What is simple syrup?
Simple syrup is is as simple as it sounds! It is just a mix of sugar and water. It is commonly used in cocktails and other beverages as a sweetener.
Since the sugar is boiled into the water, it dissolves. This makes for a smoother, and easier blending option than just plain sugar.
Can I use lemons instead of limes?
No! Lemons and limes truly have different flavor profiles. Both offer acidic components that we need for this drink. However, the lime flavor is what you want.
For this particular recipe, I used frozen limeade. You can find this in the freezer section of your grocery store. It is usually near the frozen fruits.
If you are using fresh limes, juice enough limes to make 1 cup. This will take about 7-8 limes.
- 3 cups Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 whole Peaches, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups Bourbon
- 1 cup Limeade, frozen
- Peel the peaches and roughly chop them. Add the water, sugar, and peaches to a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a rapid boil, and then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Be sure to stir the mixture occasionally.
- Remove the peach mixture from the heat and transfer it to a bowl that is set over ice so that it can cool down.
- Once the mixture is room temperature, pour it into a blender, add the bourbon and limeade and blend until smooth.
- Serve the drink over ice. Garnish with fresh peaches and lime wedges if desired.
See notes in post for substitution ideas.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 60 Ounces Glass Pitcher with Lid, Hot/Cold Water Jug, Juice and Iced Tea Beverage Carafe
- glacio Ice Cube Trays Silicone Combo Mold - Set of 2, Sphere Ice Ball Maker with Lid & Large Square Molds, Reusable and BPA Free
- Classic 12-ounce Premium Quality Plastic Tumblers | set of 6 Clear
- Ninja Professional 72 Oz Countertop Blender with 1000-Watt Base and Total Crushing Technology for Smoothies, Ice and Frozen Fruit (BL610), Black
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 1g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.