S'mores brownies are loaded with gooey marshmallows and a delicious graham cracker crust with fudge brownies sandwiched in between. The campfire is not included but I promise these fudgy s'mores brownies will make you feel warm and cozy inside!
Table of contents
As if brownies are not already delicious, add a graham cracker crust and top with marshmallows for a mind-blowing dessert. These decadently layered s'mores brownies are amazing fresh out of the oven.
Even if you do not devour the whole pan in one night (like our family did), just warm them in the microwave, and they are just as good!
Do you know what would pair perfectly with these brownies? Some vanilla bean ice cream! OK, now we HAVE to make another batch!
What makes a S'more a S'more?
S'more is a contraction of the phrase "some more". Traditional s'mores are a camping or outdoor snack cooked over an open fire.
They include chocolate bars and marshmallows sandwiched between graham crackers. The s'mores are toasted until the chocolate is slightly melted and the marshmallows are a golden brown color.
In this recipe, we are swapping a campfire for the oven and chocolate bars for fudgy brownies!
Key Ingredients for S'mores Brownies
- Boxed Brownie Mix: I am all about EASY RECIPES over here! So feel free to make your s'mores brownies from scratch. Just keep in mind that you will also need the ingredients listed on the brownie mix box.
- Marshmallows: This is the only way to get that sweet, warm, gooey flavor and texture we love!
- Graham Crackers: Using butter, grind the graham crackers into a delectable, sturdy crust for this tasty treat!
How to Make S'mores Brownies
Grind graham crackers in a food processor or blender until they become very fine. Then melt butter, add ground-up graham crackers to the butter, and mix until coated.
Next, add the graham cracker crust to a baking dish, and flatten it out. Follow the instructions on the brownie mix box. Add the brownie mix on top of the graham cracker crust then bake as instructed.
After placing the marshmallows on top of the baked brownies, place them back in the oven. Keep watch and take it out when the marshmallows turn golden brown.
Tips for Preparing S'mores Brownies
- When pouring the graham cracker crust into the pan, use the bottom of a glass cup in order to tightly pack the crust.
- When done, allow them to cool completely before cutting for clean slicing.
- For best taste results, store leftover brownies in an air-tight container at room temperature for about 3 days.
- 1 bag Marshmallows
- 1 box Brownie mix
- 1 pack Graham crackers
- 1 stick Butter
- Grind graham crackers in a food processor or blender until they become very fine.
- Melt butter, add ground-up graham crackers to the butter and mix until coated.
- Add graham cracker crust to a baking dish, and flatten out.
- Mix brownie batter as instructed on box. Add brownie mix on top of graham cracker crust
- Bake as instructed. Remove from oven and cover brownies with marshmallows.
- Place back in oven until marshmallows turn golden brown.