Creamy Lemon Pepper Chicken is a quick and tasty entree of tender, moist baked chicken breast smothered in a creamy lemon pepper sauce. This dish is super simple to prepare so it is perfect for a delicious weeknight meal.
Table of contents
Any dish that makes my life easier is a sure thing in our household. This Creamy Lemon Pepper Chicken is as easy as 1-2-3!
You can prepare the dish the night before, cover and put it in the refrigerator so when you get home from work, you just pop it in the oven. This one-pan chicken meal is convenient for a no-mess, no-fuss dinner.
What is lemon pepper made from?
Lemon pepper is such an underrated flavor combination! If sweet and spicy is your thing, then lemon pepper seasoning is a must-try.
It most commonly contains dried lemon zest, pepper, and salt. Other inclusions could be garlic or onion powder. Store-bought varieties may contain additives however, it is super easy to make your own at home.
Just combine all of the ingredients and store them in an air-tight jar or container for up to six months.
Other Key Ingredients for Creamy Lemon Pepper Chicken:
- Chicken breasts: Slice the chicken breast in half in order to cook faster.
- Cream of chicken soup mix: This is the base of the creamy lemon pepper sauce.
- Lemon: They add a freshness to the dish.
- Garlic: This pairs perfectly with the lemon flavor.
- Bell pepper & onion blend: One thing I ALWAYS keep on hand in my freezer are the pre-cut bell pepper and onion trios. These make cooking so simple, and quick. You cut the prep time by already having the flavor blend ready-to-go. I use them for almost everything I cook!
How to make Creamy Lemon Pepper Chicken:
Before cooking, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Next, spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Then combine the seasoning, cream of chicken, and water in a large bowl until everything is thoroughly mixed.
Place a thin layer of the soup mixture into the bottom of the dish then add the chicken in a single layer. Add the bell pepper mixture on top of the chicken.
Pour the rest of the soup mixture over the chicken to coat it evenly. Then add sliced lemon on top of the chicken breasts. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
After that, uncover the chicken and cook it for an additional 15 minutes in order to thicken the sauce. Finally, remove it from the oven and enjoy!
What are some good sides for Creamy Lemon Pepper Chicken?
Add a couple of simple sides- broccoli or a salad, maybe some rice or potatoes, and you have yourself a meal! The chicken turns out so moist, tender, and FULL of flavor.
Your family will devour this meal, and keep asking for more. Make a starch to help sop up all of the delicious lemon pepper gravy that is made. Here are some ideas:
- Something cheesy like Macaroni and Cheese, or scalloped potatoes would make for the perfect comfort meal.
- A simple salad is ideal if you need something low-carb.
- Imagine that lemon pepper sauce poured over white rice.
- Broccoli would keep dinner light but filling and nutritious.
- Mashed potatoes like this Creamy Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole or Loaded Mashed Potato Cakes would make for a hearty meal.
- 3 Chicken breast
- 1 can Cream of chicken soup mix
- 1 whole Lemon, sliced
- ½ teaspoon Garlic, minced.
- ½ cup Bell pepper & onion blend, pre-diced frozen blend
- ½ cup Water
Seasoning (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- ½ tablespoon Seasoning salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the seasonings: lemon pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and seasoned salt with the cream of chicken soup, and water. Mix well.
- Place the chicken in the baking dish in a single layer, add bell pepper mixture on top. Pour the lemon pepper sauce mixture over chicken to coat evenly.
- Add sliced lemon on top of chicken breast. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 45 mins.
- Uncover chicken, bake additional 10 minutes until sauce thickens a bit.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
Fresh bell pepper and onion can be used in place of frozen blend.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Silicone Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set, EAGMAK 14PCS Stainless Steel Silicone Kitchen Utensils Spatula Set with Stand for Nonstick Cookware, BPA Free Non-Toxic Silicone Cooking Utensils (Black)
PAM Non Stick Original Cooking Spray, 6 OZ
bamfitwell Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove
imarku Chef Knife - Pro Kitchen Knife 8 Inch Chef's Knives
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece Set, Nesting, Microwave and Dishwasher Safe)
OXO Good Grips Freezer-to-Oven Safe 3 Qt Glass Baking Dish with Lid, 9 x 13,Clear,9 x 13"
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 233mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 21g
This website provides approximate nutrition information as a courtesy and for convenience only.