This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine. #HalloweenWithTyson #CollectiveBias
Halloween themed mummy sliders made easy with Tyson®️ Crispy Chicken Strips (available at Publix
Pumpkins, ghosts, and lots of candy! Guess what we are talking about? Halloween of course! These Mummy Sliders with Tyson®️ Chicken Strips make Halloween dinner a breeze!
The twins are always super eager to get out and go trick-or-treating. From the second they walk in from school, they are asking to put on costumes and go! Traditionally, we try to wait for everyone to get home from work, which makes it a bit later in the evening.
It is super important to make them something substantial to eat before they go consume massive amounts of candy! That’s why we were thrilled to make these Mummy Sliders with Tyson Chicken Strips. They were something different, fun, and a dinner they could help make. Also, it was a great way to distract them from going trick-or-treating right away! 😉
What’s even better is the fact that we (parents) can enjoy these Tyson Chicken Strips as well! They are now even crispier than before. In fact, I may have put a couple in the oven for myself!
How to “mummify” the chicken strips:
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place the chicken strips on a non-stick baking sheet.
Bake the strips for about 10 minutes. Once 10 minutes is up, remove them from the oven and flip them over. Cook for an additional 8-10 minutes. Once they’re golden brown and cooked through, remove them from the oven.
Let them cool to touch, ours took about 5 minutes to cool down. While they’re cooling, start pulling strings from mozzarella cheese sticks. Wrap each Tyson chicken strips sporadically with the string cheese pieces. Try to give them a Mummy-like effect by crisscrossing, and laying strings horizontally.
Return the wrapped Tyson chicken strips back into the oven. Only cook for 2-3 minutes, just enough to allow the cheese to melt.
Making the Mummy Sliders:
Add the chicken strips to a slider bun. Use the condiments of choice to dress the slider. Ketchup is a great choice since it’s Halloween. It gave the twins a fun “gory” effect!
Even though Halloween is basically a holiday for children to celebrate, it seems to always fall on a school night. So it was awesome to have these Mummy Sliders with Tyson chicken strips as a quick meal option. Dinner was easy-breezy, and the twins got to go trick-or-treating at the first sign of the sun setting!
Where can I find the now even crispier Tyson Chicken Strips?
Our local Publix has these amazingly 100% all natural*, crispy chicken strips. Head to the frozen meat section of the store, and you will see a plethora of Tyson® products. They are super affordable, and awesome to keep on hand for any quick and easy weeknight meal! Or in this case, pre trick-or-treating meal!
*Minimally processed. No artificial ingredients
- 3 Tyson Chicken Crispy Chicken Strips
- 4 Sticks of mozzarella string cheese
- 3 Slider buns
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the chicken strips on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the chicken strips from the oven, and flip them over. Cook an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Once they have cooked an additional 8-10 minutes, remove them from the oven and let them cool to touch (about 5 minutes).
- While chicken strips are cooling down, begin to tear thin strips of string cheese from each stick of cheese.
- Wrap each chicken strip in sporadic strips of cheese to give a mummy like appearance. Criss-crossing and laying the strings horizontally give the best affect.
- Place wrapped chicken back into the oven for about 2-3 minutes, just enough for the cheese to melt.
- While chicken is cooking, lightly toast the buns in a skillet or toaster oven.
- Place each chicken strip on a slider bun and garnish with ketchup or other condiments as desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
PLEASE PIN THIS RECIPE TO SAVE AND SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
You can also purchase Tyson® Chicken Nuggets at Publix for more fun dinner ideas with your family!