Candy corn pudding cups made with vanilla pudding and whipped cream topping. All the fun flavors of the nostalgic classic candy corn.
Making these candy corn pudding cups took me back to my childhood! In search of a fun Halloween dessert for the kiddos, this recipe was adapted the recipe from The Country Cook.They were so much fun to make, and the kids were even able to help. Let’s be honest though, how many of us liked candy corn growing up? Seriously, it was one of the least liked candies collected on Halloween!
Even worse though, remember those little orange and black wrapped candies? The candies had the appearance of salt water taffy, but then you open it, and it tasted like maple syrup peanut butter or something!! Ugh- I wish you could see my face right now at the thought of them!
Just because you didn’t care too much for candy corn growing-up, you may be shocked at how much you and your kids will love these candy corn pudding cups. Naturally, we were very skeptical at first, but the kids demolished them (once all the photos were taken of course). The pudding is vanilla, just colored with a touch of food coloring, and topped with whipped cream. Candy corn and Halloween themed sprinkles decorate the tops of the pudding cups.
DO YOU HAND OUT CANDY ON HALLOWEEN?
A lot of parents do not believe in trick-or-treating. Growing up, I wasn’t allowed to go trick-or-treating. So instead, we would attend Halloween parties, or fall festivals as some may call them. Now-a-days a lot of businesses and churches host “trunk-or-treat” where they hand out candy from trunks of cars. All of these options make the holiday special for the kiddos. If you do end up hosting a Halloween party, or even just a fall themed party, these candy corn pudding cups are a SUPER easy and fun dessert.
HERE’S HOW THE CANDY CORN PUDDING CUPS ARE MADE:
Blend the milk with the box of pudding according to package instructions. Use a separate bowl for each package of pudding. Most Jell-O brand instant puddings require 2 cups of milk per box. For that reason, this recipe calls for 4 cups of milk. Once the pudding is mixed, set it in the refrigerator for ten minutes to set-up.
After it is set, remove the pudding from the refrigerator and add the yellow food coloring to one bowl, and the red and yellow to the other to create orange.
Depending on how large or small your cups or glasses are, will determine how much of each color pudding to spoon into each one. A third of each color is ideal for aesthetic purposes. Start with the yellow pudding first, then layer the orange on top of it. Using the canned whipped cream, spray out a generous amount on each pudding cup.
Decorate the pudding cups with candy corn, and Halloween themed sprinkles.
- 2 boxes Vanilla pudding , instant
- 4 cups Milk, 2 for each box of pudding
- 1 teaspoon Yellow food coloring
- 1 teaspoon Yellow food coloring, to make orange
- 1 teaspoon Red food coloring, to make orange
- 1 can Whipped cream, topping
- 1 bag Candy corn
- 1 tablespoon Halloween theme sprinkles
- Mix pudding according to package instructions- in two seperate bowls. Set in the refrigerator to set for about 10 minutes.
- Once set, add yellow food color to one bowl and mix until desired color is achieved. Combine yellow and red to the other bowl of pudding, mixing until it turns orange.
- Spoon yellow pudding into the bottom of clear cup or glass, next add the orange pudding. Top with whipped cream and decorate with candy corn and sprinkles.
PLEASE REPIN THIS RECIPE TO SAVE AND SHARE WITH FRIENDS!