This super moist banana bread is overflowing with flavor. It is super simple to make, and is sure to have your whole house smelling like a little piece of heaven!
Banana bread is something serious my friends! It is loaded with a subtle sweetness of the bananas, and creamy taste from the butter. Anytime you make this banana bread, your house is going to smell so amazing for hours afterwards. One of the best parts about this recipe is that it is super simple to follow. Even if baking isn’t your thing, you will be able to follow this recipe and whip up something truly special.
I believe I’ve said it before, but there are a few ingredients that you should keep in your kitchen at all times. A few of the staple kitchen ingredients are:
- Baking soda- creates a soft and airy texture when baking
- Baking powder- increases volume and lightens the texture of baked goods
- Vanilla extract- adds a subtle flavor to MOST baked items
Those are just a few staples that I recommend everyone have on hand. I do not bake much, but I find many recipes outside of baking that call for one or more of those items.
How do you store banana bread after it is made?
The best part about this super moist banana bread is that it can last up to a week! Large gallon size ziploc bags are perfect to store the banana bread it. Leave the loaf out on the countertop, or store in the refrigerator. Once you’re ready to eat it, slice a thick piece of the bread, slather it with some butter, and toast it for 5-7 minutes. Banana bread is so delicious with a piping hot cup of coffee!
How is the banana bread made?
First you are going to preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Next, lightly spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray and set it aside.
Next, take the butter (room temperature so it is easier to blend), and sugar and begin mixing them in a large bowl. Mix them until they become creamy. Combine the eggs into the butter-sugar mixture until it is smooth.
In another bowl, add the ripe bananas (the more brown, the better), and begin mashing them with a fork until they are semi-smooth. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract to the bananas and mix well.
Using another large bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients and stir them together. Begin adding the dry ingredients to the butter-sugar mixture 1/3 at a time. Blend the flour in all the way, and then add the one tablespoon of milk, and the banana mixture and blend until it is smooth and creamy.
Add the batter to the loaf pan, and bake in the oven for one hour.
Rember, cooking times may vary depending on oven settings.
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 3 ripe Bananas, the more brown, the better
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 1 stick Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Blend room temperature butter and sugar together in a large bowl until creamy. Add eggs and continue to blend until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, add all bananas and mash with a fork until smooth. Add vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the bananas and set aside.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to butter-sugar mixture along with the milk, and blend until slightly smooth.
- Add bananas to the other ingredients and blend until mixed well.
- Add batter to a lightly greased loaf pan. Place in oven and bake for one hour.
Baking time may vary depending on oven settings.
PRODUCTS USED FOR THIS RECIPE:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small commission for my referral at NO extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Razzle Dazzle Life!
PLEASE REPIN TO SAVE AND SHARE THIS RECIPE WITH FRIENDS!