These loaded jalapeno poppers were so fun to make, and even more fun to eat! Our household LOVES spicy food, so it was only fitting to master the jalapeno popper. Jalapenos are such a versatile vegetable, and surprisingly, they really aren’t that spicy. So if you’re not a fan of spice, no need to worry.
Part of the process of making these jalapeno poppers is to remove the stems and veins from the jalapeno. The veins of the jalapeno are actually the most spicy part. Once this part is removed, the jalapeno is much more mild, especially once they’re cooked. Cream cheese, and shredded cheddar cheese, along with chopped green onions and a savory cajun spice give add to the “loaded” component of these jalapeno poppers. That bacon wrapped around it helps hold everything together, and adds the delicious smoky, salty flavor.
Summer cookouts and barbeques leave us at a frenzy trying to figure out what to bring. Theses jalapeno poppers have been a hit at every cookout we’ve brought them to. Most of the time, we start with about 12-15, and end up with about 8-10 because you can’t resist eating them straight out of the oven! We love to grill ours over here, that added smoky flavor really sets them off.
Give them a try and let me know what you think!
- 6 Japenos , cut in half lengthwise, seeds and veins removed
- 8 ounces Cream cheese
- 1 cup Shreddee cheese
- 6 slices Bacon, cut in half
- 1/2 cup Green onion, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
- Combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, and green onions. Stir in Cajun seasonin. gMix well.
- Spoon cheese mixture into each jalapeño half until full.
- Wrap each jalapeño with bacon, tucking corners into each other
- Cook in the oven on 350° for 20 mins or until bacon is cooked through.
Grilling works great for this recipe.
PLEASE PIN THIS RECIPE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS!